question on XONE 62 Cue/Master mixing in headphones

C

Chutiya

Hi,
I noticed that Xone32 has the feature I want with the cue/mix slider. (i.e. listening to the master and then mixing in the cue in stereo.)

So, does the rotary knob on the xone 62 work like this? From the manual, it seems this just adjusts the volume of the cue track. But the volume of the master reamins unchanged.

Basically I want to know if the the xone 62 split cue functionality is the same as the pioneer djm 600, since I know the 600 has this feature.

THX.

Ok now having never used a Xone 62 i'm probably the least qualified on this board to answer your query but i do own a Xone 32 and did quite a bit of research in the Xone 62.

It's my understanding that the Xone 62 does NOT have a fader or pot that lets you slide between the cue and master in your phones BEFORE the master mix. Asides from the price this was the main reason why i went for the Xone 32.

However . . .

As you move the crossy across or fader up on the channel you are mixing in you will hear the new track in the master mix in your phones. Many mixers which have a cue/master headphone fader don't have this feature. My old mixer didn't. I've found that i don't use the cue/master fader on the 32 now. I leave it dead centre, adjust the trim the get the channel volumes matched, cue the record and monitor the master mix only when i bring in the new track. Sounds like hard work? Its not. You'll get the hang of it pretty quick and it will make your mixes sound a million times smoother because you'll be listening to the pure master signal and can set your EQ's a lot more precisely on the track you're bringing in. I've found that bringing in a record while not listening mostly on the master mix can result in leaving the mids and highs to higher levels than the track your currently playing.

So while i don't regret buying the Xone 32 (it is beautiful) i wouldn't rule out the Xone 62 because it lacks a cue/master headphone fader. From what i have seen and heard, its other features are amazing - just ask the guys on this board, its the bomb and would probably be the last mixer you ever buy.

Good luck with it all.

Cheers,

Simespins

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess I already replied to this in the PM I sent you the other day, or...

Back