Powering up and down question

C

captdoobij

Is it ok if I leave the individual power switches on my gear on all the time and turn my equipment on and off using the power strips (into which they are all plugged into) on and off switch?

My equipment consists of Pio cdj-100, Denon dnx800 mixer and Electrix Filter Queen.

Currently I turn each unit on seperately each time but I was looking into building a stand for all my stuff and my Denon mixer has the power switch in a vey odd place and is hard to get to if it is rackmounted with the Filter Queen units.

It's always preferable to switch things on in this order or thereabouts:

1. Decks
2. Mixer
3. Any processing, e.g. compressor, effects, eq
4. Amp

When turning the amp on make sure that the volume on the amp and everything else is turned all the way down. If you can switch the speakers on and off via a button, then do so after the amp's powered up.
Use the reverse sequence when turning stuff off.
The general rule is everything should be switched on before the amplifier is turned on.

Why don't any of the electrix products (to my knowledge) have their own power switches. Now if I want those damn things to stop glowing I have to turn off the electricity to half of my apartment.

Had the same problem as you. Just plug them into a power strip and use that to switch them of. You can run all your equipment to one strip and do it that way if you don't want a lot of power strips lying around.

I'd like an answer to this old and somewhat unanswered question...

I'm using 2 techs 1200s, vestax pmc17a mixer, C-loops, Air FX, 2 Genini CDJ 1100, and Numark self -powered speakers.

The C-Loops and the AirFX don't have power switches and so ideally I'd like to just use a powerstrip to power-up/down.

Can I put everything on one strip but leave the powered speakers on a separate source?

Thanks!

bs epitomizinglazy? g

BlueSkyGirl said:
I'm using 2 techs 1200s, vestax pmc17a mixer, C-loops, Air FX, 2 Genini CDJ 1100, and Numark self -powered speakers.

Can I put everything on one strip but leave the powered speakers on a separate source?

[/B]

you will still need to turn the speakers on last and off first, after turning the volume down, of course.

Funktekk said:
Why don't any of the electrix products (to my knowledge) have their own power switches. Now if I want those damn things to stop glowing I have to turn off the electricity to half of my apartment.

ummm, i have an Electrix MoFX, and it has a power switch on the back, directly above the power cord. it's kinda small and it's not marked, but it's there.

-s

djspl said:

you will still need to turn the speakers on last and off first, after turning the volume down, of course.

Good call... thanks!!

bs:)g

Hmm, I never noticed a power switch on electrix stuff either. I just checked and the EQ killers do not have them. Anyway, it is more psychological for me, but if something has a power switch, I prefer to use it...
-Peasant Nikon

Back