Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pic of the new crest rotary mixer..

Thanks

Re: Rotary Wars...

Sign in to disable this ad
    Originally posted by Peasant Nikon
    ...Also, the high end market is not very fluid. People bunker down with their expensive gear and are not willing to part with it for the next new thing....
    i would agree with you a lot on that point. mixers by Rane, Allen & Heath, etc. are made to survive decades of use, and the people who own them know this and usually bought them for that reason.

it is a shame that there is such a huge low-end market in DJ equipment. i think asking $800 for a new Empath is quite reasonable, but asking even $100 for a new Gemini is rediculous. there seems to be some attitude in the low-end DJ market that because something is a "DJ" product (turntable, mixer, etc.) they can slap a high price on it. most low-end gear is CRAP... utter and total junk that both damages the sound quality of your music and also makes learning how to spin more difficult.

i'd rather see DJ equipment stay high priced and limited in choices if it means the quality stays top notch.

-sim*n
    Catnap
    www.jrecords.com
    mechastudios@usa.net

Thanks
    Uneducated consumers are the ones to get screwed over, that's obvious and happens with every product that has professional use. That's ok though! There's always going to be a market for high-end gear and there's no shortage of competition in that field either so I don't see any problem. Sure people are bound to get discouraged by starting out with crap gear but remember, if only expensive equipment was available they might not have even started it to look into djing. It's all a matter of doing research, once you're sure that you want to dj it's not hard to figure out what purchases to make.

-Gene

Thanks
    mehhhh.... call me grouchy but i'm still of the "the less dj's there are the better" mentality.

-s
    Catnap
    www.jrecords.com
    mechastudios@usa.net

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dynagroove View Post
    the crest and the rane are both high quality clones of the urei 1620.
    Wrong.

the urei 1620 is itself a copy of the bozak cma 10-2dl.
    Wrong.

while i am not a fan of the tascam X9, it was also based on a pioneer product
    Wrong.
    "Dancing is the devil's palsy." -- John Ashcroft

"Whoever profits monetarily from a rave or similar electronic dance event, knowing or having reason to know that the unlawful use or distribution of a controlled substance occurs at the rave or similar event, shall be fined not more than $500,000 or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both." Rave Act II

Thread Information