omnitronic decks & Mixers

S

sean

Has anybody played on omnitronic turntables & mixers.
How do they compare.
Regards
Sean

Just a couple of their mixers, they are pretty low quality.

to be honest the decks are rubbish. so not worth it at all.

for the money the mixers represent excellent value performance build etc. id much rather have one then a gemini adj numark jb kam etc....nearly on par with stanton.

Their mixers have the crappiest headphone amp ever, it's even weaker than the old Stanton SK2 amps. The knobs are really close together and the faders are stiff as f*ck.

crappiest headphone amp ever award goes to my DJM300, i didnt mind the one on the omnitronic mixer i used. it did distort, but i cant expect a vestax preamp in a numark priced mixer, and as far as faders and regonomic i had no problems either, the faders were alright (no worse then any gemini or numark ive used) and as far as the knob placement goes i didnt have a problem with that either. then again im happy with the pmc55 too, and i hate the zone 62.

i wouldnt write omnnitronic off as garbage, theyre a lot better then numark and gemini and at the same price. a lot of their mixers are packed with features too.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNTTT!!!!! I have had an omnitronic mixer and it may be ok as long as it works, but after 6 months you can rest asure things will start becoming defect..
funky mattu... the mixer i owned, had unbelievably loose faders. Just a little resistance would have been nice, like my nice panasonic faders on my Behringer mixer.

The decks... well since they aren't 1210's i wouldn't buy them :D

i dont know i just find all pioneer mixers (even 500's and 600's) to have muddy sounding headphone amps, dont hold a candle to vestax ones i use regularly (pmc27 [not 270] and pmc 55)

I'll have to say I've never heard a Vestax sound as good as Pioneer. Not the pre-amps, not the headphone amps. I think Pioneer does colour the sound bit, but in a nice way that makes me feel warm and fuzzy on the inside(not like a Rane though!)

Back