Numark TT-1520 or Gemini XL-500II

S

Speedy2k

I need some opinions about the two turntables.

I am stuck in deciding which one to buy.

Please give me some advice.

Thanks

get the numark tt1520's....they are better than the geminis the only benefit the gemini's have over the numark are the pitchbend......who needs that....get the numark...:)

Can you list some advantages they have over the Gemini's

Pitch bends are actually kind of nice if you're doing a live set and need very fine adjustments, but they'll f*ck everything up if you're doing a recording with them. Frankly, I would recommend that you have a look at the Stanton STR8-60's. They ought to be in the same price range. If that's out of the question, my personal choice would be the Gemini XL-500. Numark products kinda freak me out (minus the TT2) and I started off with Gemini and had a posistive experience with that company. XL-500's aren't exactly anywhere near great tables though. You could probably flip a coin on this one and not be disappointed with your investment either way. If you can, try to spin with both tables before you make your final decision.

Well http://www.competitionsound.com is having a special right now.

They have free shipping with this coupon #.

That is why I want to buy the tables now.

Numark TT-1520 - $179.99
Gemini XL-500II - $157.68
Stanton STR8-60+500ALII - $229.00

The stantons are more expensive

dj0ddie-> why do you say the 500II aren't anywhere near to being good tables

Be a little reluctant with Stantons, I hear a lot of people have had problems with their Sk2 mixers. Don't know anything about your two other options, I use 1210s myself.

I got a pair of Gemini XL500II's and I like 'em, don't expect them to be as good as SLs, but they're nice and heavy, and they feel reasonably solid.

The only thing i'm not too keen on is the pitch fader, it feels quite plasticy compared to techies and doesn't click in place at 0%. But then I scratch hiphop, so i rarely use the pitch other than to help get crowds going by playing tracks faster than usual.

As for the pitchbend, i've never used it! I would try to learn to flick the pitch fader (which does the same thing) because most places use techies and if you start to rely on the pitch bend and you go somewhere with SLs you wouldn't be able to use it properly.

I've never used 8-60s or 1520s so i can't comment on them. But like a lot of people i don't really trust numark, i couldn't say why, I just don't! ;) and the str8 series just look really false & tacky to me, even though loads of people here love them (the 80s at least)

wow stanton have hiked their rates ! :D Seems to me that they are doing well :)
Id recommend u play with them and then decide.
I own a pair of str8-80's

I can't spend more then 180 bucks, so that means no Stanton's. It is either the Numark or the Gemini.

Get the Gemini,
better pitch bend, better look and a better company,
Gemini decks are generally under-rated.

Alright, different stores seem to have different prices.

At some of the stores the Numarks are more expensive and at others the Geminis are more expensive.

Since CompetitionSound.com has free shipping now, I'll probably get the Gemini.

$157 is a good price.

Heh, this is going to be a tought decision. Some people are saying go for the Numarks and others go for the Geminis. :)

Why dont u try playing with both at a store ? that way u can decide on which u like best.

Well I don't know any stores that sell DJ equipment heh.

I know there must be some in Toronto.

Anyone know any reviews of either of the decks.

[Edited by Speedy2k on 03-01-2001 at 11:27 AM]

Thanks, I'll check it out.

And even if I find a place which sells these decks, I wouldn't know how a good deck should feel. So I would probably pick the one that looks better :)

:D well read the reviews and see what they say. most ppl i know have picked the gemini. They seem to have a better response. maybe numark has a bad marketing stratergy. I know a lot of ppl who are satisfied with the numarks :)

Damn maybe they took the reviews down. let me search for some more :)

Back