needles without monster humming

Liet

Crazy Clubber
Ok... getting a bit tired of my extremely humming technics styli and cartridge.
I also have a concorde cartridge equipped with an ortofon needle. It skips a bit more than the technics but it's less humming...

What i need is total sound quality on a needle that doesn't skip too much. I pretty much don't care about the price.

any suggestions?

I have Ortofon concordes with the scratch needle at home - hardly jumps at all with a tone arm weight above 2.5 and 0 height. Have used the concordes and the nightclub needle and they're tight also. Elyptical styli apparently hold the groove better but I've not noticed much difference.

I find that the concorde type cartridge gives less hum that the standard type. Also, the needle fitting on things like Stanton AL500s gets loose after changing the needle lost which doesn't help (thought these are old cartriges I've found this with).

In terms of sound quality, I've not listened to many types outside or a club situation and I can't tell much about sound quality when the music is pumping loud and the crowd are stamping their feet...

If you want high quality sound (with dj capabilities) take Ortofon Dj's or Nightclubs.

It seems to me that if both of ya needles hum than it is much more likely an improper ground, or less likely messed up volume settings(too high and to low) or even less likely ya power cord is touching ya RCAs and causing ya interferance. If ya lucky enough to have Ortofons den keep em

it's only the technics one... it seems i'll be getting me another concorde cartridge and 2 nightclub needles then..

Back