My equipment, your thoughts

L

Life Touch

Hey everyone, long time admirer, first time buyer. So, finally, after about 2 years of wanting, wishing, and dreaming, I finally have on my way, my first almost complete turntable setup. Here is what I got, let me here your opinions on everything I have.

(1) Technics SL1210 MK2
(1) Stanton SMX-201 2-Channel Mixer
(1) Sennheiser HD280

I will purchase a shure m44-7 cartridge from my local shop once I get this stuff. For the other side, for now, im just going to use a CD player. I know, I need to get another TT, but no more money right now, and I just had to jump on this opportunity to get this. I should have everything by tuesday for SURE.

Let me here your responses on the gear I bought, any tips, video's, sites to go to, etc.

nice setup. and the 44-7's are a good choice as well. if you really want to invest in a video go with scratch on DVD.

Great setup. As for videos, im sure everyone will say mostly the same thing. Q-Berts Do It Yourself Volume 1.

If you want, check my signature. Click on it, and then choose DJ Tutorials. Lots of excellent websites!

Very nice set-up are you just starting out? If so good investment in the MK2s, don't buy cheap belt drive, cuz eventually you will have to upgrade and you can learn how to DJ on your techs. Myself I use a pair of Tech 1210 M5G with a set of Ortofon NightElub E cartridges and a Set of Stanton Trackmaster II-RS cartridges, I have two mixers. A Pioneer DJM-500 (wonderfull for trance and other stuff that needs some effects) and a Vestax PMC-250 rotary mixer for house sets (the most fun mixer to spin house with, also the cleanest mixer under one 1k, the pioneer distorts compared to this one, highly recormended if you are in the market for a clean and simple mixer, Vestax still rules when it comes to mixers, but their tables are SH_T). I also use a pair of Alesis M1 Active MK2 Monitors to monitor my stuff. Oh and of course Sony MDRV700DJ phones (which are not as nice as the Pioneer ones)

Hope that peaked some of you guys' attention

Felix

oh forgot I also have a Pioneer CDJ-800 CD player, and I don't use both mixers at the same time, the same goes for the needles, in case I confused any of you.

Peace

DJFelix

Heres what "peaked" my attention the most:

DJFelixMiller said:
A Pioneer DJM-500 (wonderfull for trance and other stuff that needs some effects) and a Vestax PMC-250 rotary mixer for house sets (the most fun mixer to spin house with, also the cleanest mixer under one 1k, the pioneer distorts compared to this one, highly recormended if you are in the market for a clean and simple mixer, Vestax still rules when it comes to mixers, but their tables are SH_T).

Eh? I would much prefer to spin house on a DJM 500 rather than a 250.

Cleanest mixer under 1K? Erm okay what about these?:

A & H Xone 64
A & H Xone 32
A & H Xone 02
Tascam X9
Pioneer DJM 600
Pioneer DJM 909
Pioneer DJM 3000
Denon DNX1500
Denon X 400
Rane Empath
Rane TTM-56
Rane XP2016
Ecler Smac 40
Ecler Smac 30
Ecler Smac 20
Vestax PMC37
Vestax PMC007
Vestax PCV 275

Thats all I can think of right now. I wouldn't say their tables were sh!t either, PDX2000 and PDX2300 are both fantastic tables and are one of the few capable of rivalling Technics. As everyone on this forum just about knows, just thought I'd let you know. Their also coming out with some pretty impressive stuff with the new J-Arm and the MKII of the PDX series.

Dont take this the wrong way and correct me if I am wrong but if your just trying to show off your setup I would be careful, most people have far more impressive setups than that on here. Just to avoid any future embaressment.

P.S Their is no way in hell Vestax rule the mixer world at all. I myself am a proud Vestax owner, but I would never make an accusation like that dude! Most of the above list are far better than the top Vestax mixers (PMC 46MKII, R1 and the PMC-55) One of which I own.

I'm getting pretty excited.. Hopefully it comes tomorrow! I think I'm more excited to just hear music play from it, than anything. Maybe it's cuz as of now, thats about hte only thing I could probably do right. haha.

I will keep everyone updated..

must think of a DJ name.. hehe :)

not bragging about my setup here but i would like to see what you all think...
2 vestax pdx 2000's
1 pmc 06
m447's
sony 500's
shiesty speakers
but...
i will soon be buying...
ttm 56
kp 2
boss rc 20 (very fun even for mixing)
hd 280's
in the process of stealing my mom's speakers that i love
mpc 2000 1000 or 4000 Which one is best?
apple computer
all in the next couple of years of course... i aint that rich guys...
good decisions here or shed some wisdom on me...

minus said:

i will soon be buying...
ttm 56
kp 2
boss rc 20 (very fun even for mixing)
hd 280's
mpc 2000 1000 or 4000 Which one is best?
apple computer

Yea the updated DJ gear seems like a good choice except maybe the Kaoss Pad. If you have the moolah go for the Pionner EFX 500.

In terms of MPC, it depends what you want to do. How much money you have to spend. Coz there dang expensive. Etc Etc. A little more info on that please.

And MAC over PC is personal opinion. If you must go for a MAC (Im a PC guy myself) then make sure your getting a nice spanking new G4.

Back