Just got CDJ 100s

Toxa

Finally, I decided to just go to the store and get me a CD player. I did not want to buy an expensive player before I get a feel for a CD mixing in general. One thing for sure, there is no way I ever become a fully CD DJ. Analog feel and sound of my 1200's is so much better. Cueing on a CD player feels weird, especially when the point is not in the beginning of the track. On the other hand, maybe one of those expensive Pio or Denon decks are more like vinyl. What CD player provides most analog like cueing experience, do you know?

Last edited:
I started out with vinyl and still spin it but I recently bought the denon dn-s5000 because like you I wanted a cd deck too but wanted to bring with me the vinyl skillz I have learned and not RELEARN how to mix using a cd deck . I also didnt want to drop alot of money on cd decks but I also didnt want to get some sh!tty equipment either. So what do I think of the dn-s5000 that i got? One its as close to vinyl as one can get. Two top of the line. and cheapest price of all top line cddj equipment. Three small size to fit anywhere. It can be used in cdj mode for those pure cddj's or my favorite the vinyl mode.
If you decide to get a cd deck save your money and get something good. don't buy cheap sh!t, it won't last and mixing with them is horriable.
Numark has already come out with a 12" moving direct drive platter which is really like a TT. Technics will probally have there own version of a 12" cd deck latter this year. the thing is these players are huge in size, and don't have all the features the denon has. and there are > $1000 each!

I can't say everything i want to say about my denon but checkout this site if your interestedin them or want more info:
www.dn-s5000.com

As far as pioneer goes, well there are good machines but light years behind the curve as far as true vinyl players goes. try mentioning this on there forum and it will get deleted by the administors. or even mention the name denon , numark, or technics, and the post gets deleted or [bleep]. Seems odd and it is. Pioneer is slowly becoming the industry turtle who doesnt want to admit its lost the battle with the other titans of the industry.
:monkey:

I have a S5000 too and I love it for what it is. I also got it to play CDs alongside of my vinyl decks. Denon as a company is great, and the rep for the S5000, who is on both this board and www.dn-s5000.com is amazing. Spend some time on the board, and you will see how committed they are to their products.
-Peasant Nikon

I didn´t test a Denon S5000 so far, but I think it is a great unit -
don´t forget that prices aren´t the same everywhere - in germany e.g. you can make pretty good deals on a Pioneer CDJ-800; the Pio 800 can´t mess up with the Denon 5000 I know, but if you can make a good deal on the 800 it´s a great buy (the Denon 3000 isnt in stores yet, but in Germany Pioneer has better prices than denon and I guess the Pio 800 will be cheaper than the Denon S3000)

Last edited:
Back