how do dj's get rappers to give em shoutouts? (fake?)

S

shyne_gurl

How do alot of these small time dj's get famous artists like 50 cent and The game to give them shout outs?

For example say a unknown dj (lets says its DJ BLue) is releaseing his own mixtape, and he gets 50 cent to shout out: "diss exlcusive track for ma homie DJ bluE". Is their a chance it can be a fake shout out? Not really 50 cent, even though its sounds exactly like him.

Is their a software u can get to take an acapella of his voice and emulate to say what u want it to say?

Or are all these shoutouts to DJ's real?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is pretty intresting, voice manipulation.. or whatever it's called.

I don't know how it's done though, sorry.

I read a similar thread recently, and a guy said he records it live on gigs, and that mcs easily give the props because just they also do publicity 4 their own name.

If the average person could go and manipulate someone's voice like that there would be a sh!t load of people on death row right now that shouldn't be there.

Publicity for publicity, DJ plays the tune, rapper gives them a shout out. That or the rapper is completely wasted.

djs/producers go to parties with a voice recorder and blunt in pocket.

nuff said

Last edited:
beefy said:
If the average person could go and manipulate someone's voice like that there would be a sh!t load of people on death row right now that shouldn't be there.

Publicity for publicity, DJ plays the tune, rapper gives them a shout out. That or the rapper is completely wasted.

exactly same thing with producers. i ask ppl to shout me out all the time :cheers:

i don't know bout all that, but a d.j. can get sued for alot for doing that shi-t.

fuquan said:
djs/producers go to parties with a voice recorder and blunt in pocket.

nuff said

Exactly what I said in the last thread that asked about this. Minus the blunt part but most of the time that will def get you the drop. LOL.

-Niche

Thx guys! So the general feeling is that say if you hear a shout out by 50 cent or the Game from an uknown or not very well known DJ.......it is still authentic.

I guess there's no way to fake those, hey?

shyne_gurl said:
Thx guys! So the general feeling is that say if you hear a shout out by 50 cent or the Game from an uknown or not very well known DJ.......it is still authentic.

I guess there's no way to fake those, hey?

Yup its prob official. You prob never heard of me, yet I have Nina Sky, DJ Enuff, DJ Cipha Sounds, etc drops.

-Niche

Those are called "drops" and usually you get them from the actual artist when they're in town. Especially if you're @ a station, the artist will usually do drops for just about everyone. Its like promotion for the both of you.

DJs are not really small timers. DJs are well known in their areas and if they put out mixtapes they make alot of money. Exclusives by artist (50 game) bring extra attention to them and they generate more money. And give a cut to the artist. DJ (underground) mixtapes are a big business.DJ Clue (anyone remember him)
Not to mention alot of other stuff that goes on. So it's not a big deal for a artist to give a shout out to the DJs. Its a big deal to get them to come and record that for you. Now alot of this stuff is done online and stuff too.. like artist giving shout outs to radiostations they have never been to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back