Hi I'm New HELP

DJSoundSation said:
Hey i want to be a dj and i dont know where to start?
My budget is 3grand what do i get? what do i need?
THANK YOU

What are you looking for? With that kind of budget you can afford the best equipment offered, but if you want to save money you have to research. What exactly do you plan do accomplish? Do you want to scratch/mix? What kind of music do you plan to spin?

well, a good qestion would be, do you wanna spin cd's or use vinyl turntables?
with 3 grand budget, you can get a real nce setup
if cd- i would buy denons3500's two of em
if vinyl- buy technic 1200's

yea final scratch is awesome, but personally i like a cd setup with 2 1200's, real vinyl and cd's, just my preference, im club spoiled i guess, wow i really miss working the clubs

well the clubs are ditching the cd players now with serato boxes,

i would say its the easiest cause you can still play all the records your want and still play your mp3s. you don't have to change cds or records.

yeaaaaaaaa, but i like the feel of cd, i guess its actually just the play button and spin back, i dont know, i guess if i used serato more i would like it more, but u cant que up two songs off the same side, like cd players

I've got to sign off with Gutty on this one. Having vinyl decks and CDJs is great because you can have 3 songs cued and ready to go while one is playing.

i want to mix and play at house parties and private parties barmitzvahs etc.. i plan to spin techno rap hip hop r nb arabic songs, jewish songs im looking speakers, mixer 3 channels, turntables, and i wanna use a laptop. btw i appreciate your help

ok, using a laptop, that would be personal preference, you still have to choose for urself cd or vinyl, they have time encoded vinyl records and time encoded cd's, so serato seems the way to go, now its up to you

2 techninc 1200's mlk2- about 500-600 a piece
2 denon s3500's- about 500-600 a piece, these are a real gem, they have direct drive motors and spin like real tables, you will have a lot of opions with these ,and plus since ur doing the wedding type gig, they would work out for you, so many people at shows like these will bring u a cd to play, and you'll be ready, since u have like $3,000, you might need a little more scrilla
invest, and i stress the word invest cuz this is an investment to a ligitimate bussiness, buy some good powered monitor and like 15 or 18 inch sub box, this is very important cuz your sound quality realy matters,

yes sound quality is very important when i do a party i rent my speakers but i am planning on buying mine soon.

the ones i rent they have a 12'' sub in there and a horn and they have a 1000watt amp built into each cabinet and 800 watts going to the 12 and 200 going to the horn.

That way all i carry with me are 2 speaker cabinets and stands. More room

Back