I guess im down.

First battle,
First post.

myspace.com/ ranoise
The beat is "a warm winter day instrumental"

Last edited:
you're cold, no lie.

in more than one way.
I was just looking for some advice, ive been doing this for a while and want to get better.

holla

man a battles a battle dont take what i said to heart , everyone gets better with time , some longer than others.. it took me 8 years to master my ****. advice... eq ur melodies/string sections more , decrease bass in everything but drums and bass , and always demud ur whole track in the master channel by hipass filtering at 20 HZ , that way ur system/other persons system isnt pumping out a bunch of inaudible mud that has a much longer length which drags down ur high end , the art of the mix is an important side of it and also try to organize ur melody , dont overload it with a bunch of nonsense , find a bass note root , stick to it for everytime it changes/ only certain beats like the clipse mr me too instrumental can get away with the offkey swagger. ull get better man , stay elevating im only here to give advice and i like how ur actually trying something different.

lol good stuff NO, and ranoise keep at it fam. like NO said it took him 8 yrs to master his stuff so i mean just keep practicing and you'll eventually get better

I mean, I wasnt too suprised. I didnt know what to expect posting up on the forum, but thanks for the advise.

I thought the drums and bass sounded pretty nice on my computer speakers and headphones. ive never even thought about my tracks sounding different through different speakers. i knew the melody was weak. Its not full enough. I just couldnt find a better sound.

first you need a set of monitors , i run a pair of alesis monitor ones , monitors give you more of an accurate image , the average computer speaker pretty much guts out all low end , which isnt good since the number 1 thing in beats is the bass cleanliness , make sure your bass levels dont peak , try copping a better set of vsts , i run the waves mercury bundle , which has PAZ monitors that help you study clipping in frequencies which can ruin high end systems. ull get it just gotta study mixing along with ur melodies , drum patterns kind of there just need a good mix and swagger in ur rhythms.

depends entirely on ur budget and what u can get , im not too fond of bose , just get accurate flat response eq "anything" and it will give you a nice accurate mix. whats ur budget , if u can throw high money out shoot for anything dyanaudio

anybody else wanna battle?

Last edited:
nah im not in that range. Im a college student. I scrounge up what i can, but my next investment is a sound card.

Back