YO GOTTI NOT PAYING: Producers of today not benefiting from mixtapes

Man its time for producers to stop bitching about the same ol. Make thorough contracts for your beats so you wont be like mr. nevergettingpaid. Making a youtube video isnt going to get your money. Sue the nigg.

you want to get paid for your beats? learn to be humble first and pass some free ones. a producer rarely grows on it's own, his reputation grows with the rapper who spits on it.

he wasnt get paid, if he was unhappy with it he should've just quit lol

You have to take it for what it is. If you want money as a guarantee you better get it up front. Dudes not hurting from the exposure of being on these tracks. At the same time though, I'd be salty if this happened to me!

I'd just sue. It's better that way. I feel him though, because I'm sure Yo Gotti paid the artists featured on those tracks, lol

if producers aren't getting paid when records leak, he was a damn fool for not changing the terms & conditions of using his music. He should've BEEN getting paid upfront.

Last edited:
Producers trust people, sometimes they think they are more than just a beat to these artists.

The inner working of an artists mind go like this "Me... me... me..." not "We... we... we..."

There is really nothing a "street producer" can really do. Either you take the opportunity to get a "name" on your song or you brag to your 6 friends that you turned him down because you ain' no punk.

That's the game. I will say as a person that makes beats, producers are the people behind the register everybody else are the customers deciding what they want.

... and they're eating off of the value menu these days.

Sounds bad so I'll stop, lol

Last edited:
people say give out free beats and shit will make a name for yourself.. ok thats tru, but an already established artst who is gettin paid should not have a problem paying for beats.. People say, YO IF YOU LET HIM GET THAT BEAT, THE NEXT GUY GONNA PAY BIG MONEY.. thats bull shit! If everybody thinks like that then we all gon be getin jerked because the last guy did it to some pussy ass producer who lets people make money off him for free.. Producers should start jumping these rappers.. Keep it street, you don't pay for something you get that ass whooped.. i know people who got shot for less.. Bragging rights don't pay bills and reinburst you for that equipment you spent your hard earned money on.. NEVERMIND.. if producers wanna get jacked beat after beat, thats there bizzness..

I feel sorry for guys these days. I've made a few thousand from beats that ended up on mixtapes or indie releases. I don't understand why people chase "big artists" these days. Last few years, i've made more producing/recording regular guys. For all the songs dude has done, he shoulda been sitting on at least $50k(not much over the years of work he had done at all, but still, money owed) especially off that "men lie women lie" joint. Once Wayne was on it and a vid was being shot, he coulda easily negotiated $10-15k since no deal was made beforehand(unless there was sample clearance issues, not sure).

So many producers out there ...what separates you from the next producer? I don't feel sorry for any of these cats getting jerked. The world is a dog eat dog world and when it comes to money...it's even worse! Get ya contracts right before hand, even when giving out a free, $19.995 leased or a $200 exclusive beats. Like I said, if it happens to you more than once...too bad for you. Get out of the water if you don't want to swim with sharks.

Last edited:
should we record this video at your spot?
**** NAH lets go ... to the car wash..
maybe I can sit next to the gas tank like im about to pump some gas and look all antsy like i gotta take a piss.
(cue loud wind)

Pause the vid at 0:02

... this is why we're falling behind other countries...

You can't handle the TRUETH... (who taught these guys how to spell TRUTH? why did no one catch that blatant error? why did they upload it before watching it ???)

After watching that vid, I probably wouldn't pay that guy either.

Last edited:
What did we learn from this: Take the upfront money and run [the game] young producers.. Don't believe the empty promises. This is a game of smoke and mirrors. Focus on you. Build your sound, then your name and then change your position in the game. #RealTalk

This is why producers need to stop chasing rappers and become their own artists. Producers these days are raped and we have a choice of dealing with it or not being involved. I would rather not be involved.

LMFAO TRUETH..

I was reading your post rome.. i didnt see the error, so i was just reading your post and thought YOU spelled that shit wrong.. for a second.. lol I was about to say...........

I find it amazing that producers whine and complain about not being paid but then don't pay for the stuff they used to make the beat a lot of the time and then not only do they complain about it they try to justify why they shouldn't have to pay for their DAW or plug ins but why rappers should have to pay for their beats. Truth be told when beats are a penny a dozen you are just a factory line minimum wage mother****er. Control your own destiny by taking things into your hands. Be an artist and say fu*k these big name rappers and let people find you to get your money. The reason niggas get jacked most of the time is because niggas are too damn thirsty. They giving hand jobs to niggas for rapping on their beats.

Back