Are you chaps Copyrighting your work???

nah, 'cause your beat might have that classic "crunch" to it and boom-bap MC's would jack it.

True smh...I guess in that case ill convert all my non-sounding boom bap tracks to their that way the new headz will b like this ish sounds mad filtered...but in reality it would only b cause its 12 bit...i dunno ur right though if i sample something and it sound like a premo joint imma make dat joint clean as hell lmao...

maybe i dont care enough.....i guess if i got jacked and the joint sold like flapjacks...then id get my syrup....if not..i wouldnt care. id make it known somehow that it was a one-derkid beat, but i wouldnt file a lawsuit.....UNLESS....flapjacks.

ONE

what peeps here need to understand is that Hip Hop on a whole, has been the worst at production quality out of ALL the music genres... yea, we got Dr. Dre, Timbaland and Scott Storch production, which has been high quality at times... but, ive heard Alchemist, Kanye, RZA, and others that have home studio quality trx out there... dont think for 1 second that ur trk wont get jacked bcuz it doesnt have a quality mixdown or quality sounds... Apex is a good example of that... what we as producer/beatmakers must understand is that WE, hold our trx in high regard... we are our biggest critic... the public, as high as their standards may be, will almost ALWAYS be lower than our own... its like when u meet a pretty girl and shes so perfect to you visually, but she will tell u everything she hates about her own body... and ur sayin to urself "this girl's crazy, she's hot!"... its the same thing.

da relic

Last edited:
no matter TBK... i did that for u last weekend... theyre mine now...lol

its that simple.hehe

da relic
351ub9i.jpg

I think copyrighting is a smart idea. Why not have that safety net? Only things is 35 bucks per track?

but if MOP makes a free mixtape with your stolen beat on a song, what can you expect from the case? is it worth for the lawyer?

In this type of situation.. if mop or 50cent as someone else said uses

your work on a free mixtape, it wouldn't necessarily be in your favor

sue them, they're promoting their album or name and at the same

time they're promoting your music. If the work is copy-written to you,

you can now add that to your resume (discography).. You actually

benefit from it... Then, use that copywrite as leverage and get in

contact with the artist, or manager, try to set up a meeting or get an

email address so you can send them more of your copy-written music

so they can possibly use it on a mixtape or an album which is exactly what you want.

Question is, do we love our material enough to spend money on it? If it was free to register every beat from month to month, there wouldn't be any threads about copyright registration because it would be more like common sense. Why are we as musicians/artist not more concern about publishing any more? I know the answer, just a question thrown out there. Another question, how can the beatjackers jack your beats if they can't hear them? Ideas get jacked and flipped into new ideas all the time from history til now, but it wasn't the infamous "beatjackers" it was some of the greatest musician/songwriters in history that did it. Somebody jacked your beat, you asked for it, plain and simple. Somebody jacked your song and flipped it, take an L, on to the next song. They jacked and flipped your song for a reason that you can't do nothing about except make threads that the masses could care less about with all the proof in the world. Sometimes a good jack and flip is necessary because beatmakers can be some hardheaded mf's. Any rappers that needs that good ole jack and flip, holla at me, I'll fix it just the way you like (for a fee). lol

So I've got a question about some of this...

When do you decide to copyright your shit?

Say you've got a bunch of music you're into on your drives, it can't possibly make sense to copyright the whole collection. Do you just copyright the stuff you think has some life to it and you'd want to use it to send to other people fo sho?

Also, if you have a soundclick, do you copyright everything? I realize if someone buys an exclusive license to your music things might change, but how do you work that out? Maybe you don't use soundclick but just curious...

Waiting till all my Ideas run dry, basically when I'm done remaking all my old sh!t, then I'll copyright em all in one sitting

I thought when a peice of music was made you automatically own copyright to it but all you have to do then is prove you created the original piece

Does anybody here have enough money to get an entertainment lawyer?

... and are you selling beats with samples in them? tsk tsk tsk... (don't get yourself F'd over)

News Flash:

Man accuses artists of stealing song BUSTED for repeatedly selling stolen song... more news at 11...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back