Why can't Janet Jackson see that the new direction she is going in, isn't working?

redherring

I love JJ. I am 22 and play her Control album, an album made before I was even born. That and all her other albums up to velvet rope were classics imho.

Now she has been singing about sex on every single song. There is nothing wrong with a mature woman embracing her sexuality. However, I don't want to see a woman who is my mothers age gyrating on stage to songs that make no damn sense.

Why does she keep making the same mistakes as she did on Damito Jo and her last album?

Look at Whitney. She knows her target audience are women who are in the 18+ demographic. That's why her recent singles were succesful.

JJ keeps on flopping because she has become a follower when she should be creating trends.

Because she needs relevance and she cant achieve it she should put out classic records instead of trying to please 13 - 21 yr olds make music that relates

I'm with you on this one. JJ was off the hook back in the day.

JJ's problem is every artists problem. They "think" they know what we wanna hear. They being the powers that suck the emotion of music in search of sales.

Bad management?

That superbowl nipple slip gave her so much publicity, I guess she's been trying to reclaim that fame ever since. Not a good look.

Back