Who IZ DJ Toomp?

lo tech

Seriously though?

If this guy's so big then name some of the awesome tracks he produced.

His "the set" on SOHH.com was real interesting and a big standout so it seems like he would have good stuff, but...

THe only song I listned to more than thrice on TI's King was "What You Know". And then someone posts up on here a video of this young guys playing stuff off his laptop who supposedly REALLY made the beat.

So this thread has two (2) purposes:

1. Name a whole bunch of top notch fukkin awesome Toomp prods.

&

2. Let's hash it out and find out what REALLY is the REAL deal with "What You KNow".

I think his sound... or that guys sound can be found on "You Don't know me..."

He's not doing anything Tim and Dre aren't guilty of... Toomp's stuff bangs to me.

ASAP was produced by Sanchez if I'm not mistaken but he has done some sick bangers for T.I. Like 24's, Motivation, U Dont Know Me, etc...

Peace

The main thing with Toomp is the depth he portrays in his tracks. Most apparent by Jeezy's "I Luv It" other examples:

Rick Ross- White House.....my favorite track off Port of Miami
T.I.- King-Bankhead( *out of key* My 44, my dro, my chevy on twenty-fourrrrrs)
T.I.-I'm Serious- Intro, Why I'm Serious, Outro(If you under eighteen cut this **** down and dont let ya mama hear any of deez words come out ya mouth)
T.I.- Trap Muzik- Look What I Got(staccato brass followed by flowing same brass line)
T.I.-Trap Muzik- Be Easy(wow didnt know this) heaviest ass bass and "Piano-Man" T.I. feature
T.I.- Trap Muzik- Bezzle
T.I.- Trap Muzik- 24s

So basically this guy produced almost every hot song on Trap Muzik...whats not to like?

Production Credits for Zone Boy Productions (DJ Toomp)
Boyz N Da Hood - Boyz N Da Hood

07. Don't Put Your Hands On Me
Lil Jon & The Eastside Boyz - Get Crunk, Who U Wit: Da Album

09. Shawty Freak A Lil' Somethin'
Ludacris - The Red Light District

14. Two Miles An Hour
Ludacris - Release Therapy

06. Mouths To Feed
Pastor Troy - By Any Means Necessary

03. Ridin' Big
Pitbull - El Mariel

03. Come See Me
Rick Ross - Port of Miami

12. White House
Stat Quo - Statlanta

00. I'm Livin'
T.I. - I'm Serious

03. Dope Boyz
08. Do It
15. Heavy Chevys
T.I. - Trap Muzik

01. Trap Muzik
03. Be Easy
07. 24's
09. Look What I Got
T.I. - Urban Legend

02. Motivation
03. U Don't Know Me
T.I. - King

03. What You Know the song that put him in high demand it is also co-produced by Wonder
18. Bankhead
T.I. - T.I. vs. T.I.P.

00. Layin Da Trap (featuring Young Jeezy)
Young Jeezy - The Inspiration: Thug Motivation 102

05. I Luv It
15. I Got Money

has been with T.I. fron DAY 1... and he brings a different style from other southern producers...this is why he is hot and known..

Last edited by a moderator:
KomplexBeats said:
ASAP was produced by Sanchez if I'm not mistaken but he has done some sick bangers for T.I. Like 24's, Motivation, U Dont Know Me, etc...

Peace

o yeah u'r right

he started with Raheem the Dream back in the 80s..,then he hook up with MC Shan as his DJ out of high school..then started doin work for 2 Live Crew,,,then he hooked up with T,I. and the rest is history.....lol

MC Shy-D not shan bknot1, that's that classic stuff back to 85

Back