what's killin me about this Geron issue...

before my **** goes online, I copyright it.

Although, one could argue in court that the date of creation was the date you posted it online. If a site like Soundclick, Myspace, or some others have time/date stamps on files uploaded to their servers, your lawyers could get a subpoena duces tecum for those logs to prove date of creation.

Don't know if it'll hold up in court, but unless you're like me and poor man's copyrights your stuff before uploading it somewhere, it's probably your only hope of showing proof of copyright (I do a proper filing later, but at least I have SOMETHING with a date on it).

Just wanna say again that you can copyright EVERYTHING you've ever written, like 5,000,000,000 beats if you got em, for $35. Official through the US government copyright office. I mean, seriously, how poor are yall? You have computers, you probably pay for highspeed internet access, I'm sure you got cell phone bills, but you can't swing $35 a couple times a year?

And poor man's copyright WILL NOT hold up in court.

I still dont see how a post count has anything to do with this.

Like does a post count on a forum mean a dude cant get signed?

I mean if I came here one week but have been grinding with music for a long time and have connects, and then I get signed to a major deal tha next week, just cuz I only been on FP a week and dont have a lot of posts, and I post something about me getting signed, would people be less likely to believe me? I mean I know they would lol but I dont get why.

Well the reason why I find it to be shady is because it seems like someone signed up with an ulterior motive. If they only have a couple posts and they're going on and on about their connects and all of a sudden want to put a bunch of strangers on with their connect (people they've never bonded with on the site or formed any type of relationship) that just doesn't sit right with me. Iono

Just wanna say again that you can copyright EVERYTHING you've ever written, like 5,000,000,000 beats if you got em, for $35. Official through the US government copyright office. I mean, seriously, how poor are yall? You have computers, you probably pay for highspeed internet access, I'm sure you got cell phone bills, but you can't swing $35 a couple times a year?

And poor man's copyright WILL NOT hold up in court.

yes, as a compilation.

However, since I work sporatically on beats, it's easier for me to PMC it today, then wait until I have about 10 beats to throw on a CD THEN copyright the whole thing.

that's what I'm talking about when I say I do it later. I have entirely too much going on these days so the only time I ever have to work on music of ANY type is either during my lunch hour or on the bus if I happen to take it that day (I usually don't, I drive in 90% of the time). I'm not one of those cats that cranking out 87432167321 beats a week.

Geron aint FAKEthis is him and DJ Quik, they be in the studio everyday, ya'll cats is trippin.

n543000185_459634_799.jpg

why do it look like you put peroxide in your hair? and why do you look like burt from burt and ernie?

Last edited:
I still dont see how a post count has anything to do with this.

Like does a post count on a forum mean a dude cant get signed?

I mean if I came here one week but have been grinding with music for a long time and have connects, and then I get signed to a major deal tha next week, just cuz I only been on FP a week and dont have a lot of posts, and I post something about me getting signed, would people be less likely to believe me? I mean I know they would lol but I dont get why.

i was jus wondering... why do you and him have the same picture?

I've just gotten more confused .... I saw Geron logged in a while back ... I guess he did not want the drama... cause he ain't saying ish!

Oh well... he got me. I didn't send him anything because I don't make rap beats, but I was going to... figured I had nothing to lose really... but as Dot_Robinson said, you live and you learn. It's the internet after all... Some people could be talking to their mothers thinking their some hot chick they met on myspace.

Ok, I am not saying I knew this dude was faking the funk, but I thought it was kinda odd that (1) DJ Quik would sign some due who didn't even have an online presence (Soundclick, Myspace, etc...) (2) If he was signed by Quik, why the hell would he need beats? I mean DJ Quik has got to have beats by the thousands that he has done! (3) The questions this dude was asking were fishy, when he supposedly had someone like DJ Quik at his disposal, why would he ask FP, when he could ask Quik?

I am just saying, it was fishy, but I just thought dude was spouting BS, I didn't really see the beat jacking angle. But like H&R and others have said, in this game you gotta put your ish out there and its bound to get in the hands of some shady a$$ mafuggers, so handle your ish on the front end and you have nothing to worry about!

ONE

for real, ya jack any line ive dropped or any beat ive made, well obviously you needed it more then i did, cause stuff like beats/words is expendable when your a true musician/lyricist. It aint no thing for me to make some more ish up. real shyt

:cheers: I feel you, take that shyt. I feel like every new beat I make is harder than the last. And if you do collect royalties on my shyt, ill see you in court, or if im feelin yo shyt we can do bussiness.

Back