What happened to creative????

Sup everyone,

I now just like everyone here i love Hiphop. No, I love music as a whole and hiphop is my favorite genre. Now I am not really one to complain because i know there is as mass amount of great quality music on the internet. What i would like to ask everyone is this. Is it just me or is it that hiphop has become so BORING and REPETITIVE that when you here a song on the radio ( i know the radio is not a great source of good music anymore but it use to be) you switch the station. Where did the creativity go. A friend of mine said rappers just got lazy. What do you think. PEace

myspace.com/kaladaproductions

kaladaproductions said:
Sup everyone,

I now just like everyone here i love Hiphop. No, I love music as a whole and hiphop is my favorite genre. Now I am not really one to complain because i know there is as mass amount of great quality music on the internet. What i would like to ask everyone is this. Is it just me or is it that hiphop has become so BORING and REPETITIVE that when you here a song on the radio ( i know the radio is not a great source of good music anymore but it use to be) you switch the station. Where did the creativity go. A friend of mine said rappers just got lazy. What do you think. PEace

myspace.com/kaladaproductions

I agree with what you said about creativity, but me personally I wonder what happened to person aspect of Hip-Hop. Most of these rappers don't seem like people to me, it's like they don't know how to express themselves as people.

people stopped putting as much time into their own style as they should. too many people are using the 'sound' of the times and call it being relevant. when i check people's **** now first thing that runs through my head is, "Please let me like it." and more often than anything, i don't. I hear the same subject matter over and over and hear the same drum patterns. It's like people hear somethin that's good and go, "I just gotta use that too." Unfortunately so many people don't pay attention to it. It also seems that so many people are afraid to be called a hater for havin an opinion opposite of others. There are so many factors a person can figure into why like blaming the labels who rush artists instead of encouraging diversity and development, artists for not standing their ground and showing how creative they can be, the fans for constantly buying music that seems to be gettin dumbed down more and more, people who complain for not making the music that'll change things, haters for giving them the fuel they need to go on, dick riders for encouraging the music gettin put out, jesus for not comin down and ending all of this sooner, kermit the frog for not gettin animal on the beats to make some raw **** lol. it's up in the air and alot of things go into what's happening but i just say **** the radio and check back in like once in a while just incase some good **** comes out. if i lost my point during this rambling; so sorry.

correct me if im wrong but maybe its a combination of record companies afraidd to lose money by goin with somethin new, and people afriad to try pushin their music when they know they have a safe route goin with what we got right now.

veck said:
correct me if im wrong but maybe its a combination of record companies afraidd to lose money by goin with somethin new, and people afriad to try pushin their music when they know they have a safe route goin with what we got right now.

Very true.

I think people need to stop TRYING to be creative and just express themselves as best they can. People have different backgrounds, experiences, influences... etc. If people leaned more on that than just trying to be creative I think music would sound different.

^^^Word...i think that is the essence of creativity...Taking your life experiences, influences, tribulations and inspirations and allowing them to shape your ways of expression, whatever, they may be. In other words, embracing one's differences is key to creativity...

But we live in a world that doesn't really want to promote individuality...HIP HOP is no different. And what is the greatest motivator? $$$$$$$$$$$$

So, lose the priority of being 'caked up' and embrace your differences from others...half way there....

^^^ Exactly... When you try to be different you won't be, everyone that tries to be different ends up being the same. People are naturally different, but alot of people don't embrace it they try to become what other people may think is different.

Ant McQueen said:
^^^ Exactly... When you try to be different you won't be, everyone that tries to be different ends up being the same. People are naturally different, but alot of people don't embrace it they try to become what other people may think is different.
Thats a Lie.lol thats not what he told me www.myspace.com/thxbeats

I havent listened to the radio since 2001. I dont think hip hop is boring at all. 2007 was a great year for hip hop, probably the best this decade imo. Y'all just lazy, you'd rather sit on the Internet and b!tch like females than go out and find good music. There is masses of it out there. There is more dope music right now than there was 15 years ago, y'all just mad cuz there is also a lot more BAD music. Forget about the bad music, just enjoy the good music.

money... mula.. dinero.... is wat happened to creativity...
most the people that buy music these days like it the way it is...
and rappers that need to make a living gotta do wat makes money for em...

i dont think hes saying theres rarely any good music anymore, theres plenty of that...the problem is that its not something thats really mainstream anymore, and it used to be. Its no longer sought out by many people.

I remember the funeral of creativity.
It was a sad day, then the South started invading Hip-Hop.

^
that's absolutely not true...

but on the topic, I think most people just don't like experimental music. Conventions are based on things that work, that's why certain things always sound good to people. They have been proven to work. I think more people just need to accept their influences and follow what they think best represents them. and if you are looking for Pop to be creative... that's not it's place, one because pop isn't really a particular musical form, more of a collection of things that work generally or things that are popular.

I love the music on the radio, and I love the music that is NOT on the radio.

The world changes, people change, what made ya'll think music was'nt going to change??

Last edited:
Back