What Happend To Amerie?

Xabiton

Cupcake God
She needs to drop another album. Not only is she great to look at but I like her music too. Imo Her first album is one of my favorite albums of the decade. Discuss

Never been a huge fan of her music but she can sing & she's a dime if i've ever seen 1.

reason why she aint been around lately because she changed record labels i believe... She's no longer with Rich Harrison

Not yet I don't think i'll actually be able to get in with her...hopefully a listening session with her. Im working on some good stuff for her though.

SixCinco said:
reason why she aint been around lately because she changed record labels i believe... She's no longer with Rich Harrison

Yea.. she's with island/def jam now.. huge

Fine ass legs on that girl right der mayne! lol jk (i really dont talk like dat)

SleepDeez said:
Not yet I don't think i'll actually be able to get in with her...hopefully a listening session with her. Im working on some good stuff for her though.
How did you get a hold of her people? There aren't too many mainstream artists who I'd kill to work with but Amerie is definately in my top 5.

Xabiton said:
How did you get a hold of her people? There aren't too many mainstream artists who I'd kill to work with but Amerie is definately in my top 5.

We have the same publisher.

All that matters in the end, is that she still looks damn good.

Last edited:
Both of her albums are that came out in the US are really good. I love both of them. When she harmonizes it's so ill. She's definetly got her own style. She came out with an album overseas too like 2 yrs ago. I think she is big over there. It was alright. She is definetly underrated.

top rnb chick in my book hands down....over mary j. and keisha cole...(mary j. got a deeper catatlog, but amerie's songs are written w/ the male in mind, while mary j. writes to the female perspective...amerie writes to the males like janet jackson does...makes a big difference from a listening perspective) both albums are solid all the way thru...and she makes the beat sound good, and not the other way around....the melodies she comes up w/ are wicked...she knows what shes doin' in the studio...i can tell...too bad she and her former producer fell out...they had a homerun sound...checkin' for whatever she drops next...

Last edited:
i agree with Xabition, (altho i liked all her albums) that first one is one of very few cd's i can put in and just let it ride, there is only one song that i like a lil bit less than the others, but i still like it a lot more than most R&B songs, and i'm a hip hop dude to the core, it's rare that i like some R&B and even rarer that i like someone's entire cd (that in itself is rare too). what she lacks in ass, she makes up for in talent. be honest, the girl is lacking backs! but she has talent for shizzle, can't deny that. she is what Cassie aspires to be. i think she parted with rich harrison cause she got tired of the beyonce comparisons. i like the majority of beyonce's first solo cd too, not all of it, but most of it. but i like ALL of amerie's first cd. i don't like whintney, brandi, or any of those other 1-name R&B chix.
LevLove

Back