Voletta Wallace: "I believe Sean loved my son - after he was dead."

freesparkx

BEAT ADDICT!!!!!!
Daily Hip-Hop News:
Voletta Wallace: "I believe Sean loved my son - after he was dead."
Monday - September 12, 2005
by Carl Chery

Voletta Wallace, the mother of the late Notorious B.I.G. reportedly bashes Sean "Diddy" Combs and Lil' Kim in Biggie: Voletta Wallace Remembers Her Son, her forthcoming memoir.

In the book slated to be published by Simon & Schuster's Astria books, Wallace accuses both Diddy and Kim of using Biggie's name and image to further their respective careers.

advertisement
"I'm glad my son does not have to witness that the very people that he thought he could ride and die with wouldn't think twice about using his mother," Wallace writes in regards to Diddy and Kim. "I am glad that he's not here to see how they have used his image and his name."

Wallace also added, "I believe Sean loved my son - after he was dead. I used to tell Christopher all the time not to trust Sean."

Wallace then goes on to note that Diddy has repeatedly been shouting out her son since his death. Only months after Biggie's demise, Diddy, then known as Puff Daddy, released "I'll Be Missing You," a tribute song to the fallen rapper. The single, which also featured BIG's widow, Faith Evans and former Bad Boy R&B quartet 112, quickly became a smash hit and helped launch Diddy's solo rap career. No Way Out, on which "I'll Be Missing You" was featured, went on to sell millions of copies.

Since then, Diddy has constantly been name-dropping Biggie in countless appearances and recordings, recently paying tribute to the Brooklyn emcee at this year's MTV Video Music Awards.

Meanwhile, Lil' Kim has borrowed countless lines from the rapper and even adopted some of his aliases, namely Kim's 2000 album which was titled, Notorious K.I.M. Furthermore, in the book, Wallace alleges that Kim stole from her New Jersey residence after she let Queen Bee use the home for a magazine interview.

"The first picture I saw was Kim wearing my son's mink coat, holding his chain and wearing his hat. I was in shock. I felt violated," Wallace revealed in the book. "I read the entire article and learned that not only was Kim wearing things belonging to my son, but she claimed that the home belonged to her as well. This experience helped me draw my own opinions about Kim. And they weren't good."

Voletta Wallace's Biggie: Voletta Wallace Remembers Her Son is slated to hit stores October 25th.

hmm... i think i may have to pick up that book... in some respects i can see how she would think, but she's doin the reverse of what they are, usin them to sell her book... at least it seems like it imo...

Sad thing is though that Afeni should feel the same about her son. All of the remixes featuring dumbass artists, riping his vocals, adding this and that. Its disrespectful and its a dam shame.

The Seed said:
Sad thing is though that Afeni should feel the same about her son. All of the remixes featuring dumbass artists, riping his vocals, adding this and that. Its disrespectful and its a dam shame.

I think Afeni is more worried about her bills than the memory of her son. I never envisioned her the same way that I saw Voletta. I hope she does use their names to sell her book. Puff became mad irritating with all the biggie this and biggie that shyt. I know the Devil's gonna slow roast his ass come Judgment Day.

I think that Afeni doesn't really understand hiphop. I highly doubt that she's doing it for the money thats BS

i remember when i found out that sauce money wrote "i'll be missing you." i thought puff was all sincere in that song...even if it took him 2 weeks to write the song, he shoulda written it his damn self. Pac's bein exploited worse tho, those damn jamster commercials with all his songs 4 example...which i guess suge is gettin paid off. Big is sorta like bill clinton tho...u got people thats famous just for suckin his dick, like lil kim and charlie baltimore

Just seems wrong to have your dead son's songs finished and then go and buy yourself a car, house whatever. I don't know where the money went, but it should have gone it something charitable. It would feel like dirty money to me.

As for b.i.g's mother, like cracka said, shes doing the same thing. Where is the money from the proceeds of her book going? What does she ACTUALLY do to pay her billz anyway?! Maybe she is a mad business woman and shyt, or she's just using her dead son to buy her that new LV handbag.

"If you wish to prove the corruption of human nature, give a man power over his fellowmen and the means to exercise it. The more the power, the more certain will be the display of corruption. But here was One who, although He had been given all power in heaven and earth and who although He could do whatsoever He wished consonant with the purity of his nature, nevertheless remained throughout a life of continuous challenge utterly uncorrupted."

"Ya'll motherfckers need jesus" Bad-boys II

freesparkx said:

Wallace also added, "I believe Sean loved my son - after he was dead. I used to tell Christopher all the time not to trust Sean."

A mother's intuition is never far from the truth...

i would believe volleta wallace opinion about biggie anyday over anyone elses. nobody knows me better than my mom, and i think thats the same for biggie.

i genuinely believe biggie and puff were close, but i do believe puff glorified, or exagerated his relationship with biggie, for his own personal gain.

and afeni is making $$$$$$ off 2pac. i don't agree with everything she has been up to.

Afeni Shakur owns the rights to pac's catalog. Shes had it since i think 99 or 2000, so all of the remixes and post death albums after that point were ok'd by her. (probably meanign people she trusted said... "yea let eminem do the whole album")

I think some people's opinions are misplaced and plain stupid. Each woman is making money off her son's name. But would Pac and Biggie think negatively of that? HELL NO! They smiling down from heaven knowing that they can still provide for their mothers in some way,shape or form. Their mothers should be the ONLY people to still make money from their work.

And why can't Pac's music be used to market a product or merchandise? Why is it OK to use the music of The Beatles, Elvis, Queen, and countless others who have members, or who themselves, have passed on, but not Tupac's music. Why the duoble standard.

It's just another facet of the self-hating attitiude that is stigmatized to Hip Hop.

And the opinions of Afeni Shakur are uninformed and utterly idiotic. She is a kind, wise woman who still loves her son. The Tupac Shakur Center for the Arts is a testament to that fact.

Cease the gossip, you are only doing yourself injustice by providing others with insight to you stupidity and vast ignorance.

wreckd said:
I don't think they're doing their names any justice. Loyal to game was lame.

Co-sign.. They should just let their names and music rest in peace.. Instead of trying to make some extra money off of it..

Dj-FSC said:

Co-sign.. They should just let their names and music rest in peace.. Instead of trying to make some extra money off of it..

fukk that, when i die young, i want, everyone that loved me to milk me life and my death for all its worth, i but the wealfare of my kids over my honor anyday. but i do object to every rapper tht comes up talkin about pac like they loved him and knew him while he was alive, even shoutin them out on all their songs makes me mad, the say "this is dedicated to pac" only becuase they know people will listhen if they say that

fivestar said:

fukk that, when i die young, i want, everyone that loved me to milk me life and my death for all its worth, i but the wealfare of my kids over my honor anyday. but i do object to every rapper tht comes up talkin about pac like they loved him and knew him while he was alive, even shoutin them out on all their songs makes me mad, the say "this is dedicated to pac" only becuase they know people will listhen if they say that

LMAO.. You crazy.. But i get what your saying tho.. To me it just seems like they don't put in effort into the remake stuff that they do. And i know that pac probaly wouldnt do a song with half of the folks that they just throw on his songs..

alric said:
I think some people's opinions are misplaced and plain stupid. Each woman is making money off her son's name. But would Pac and Biggie think negatively of that? HELL NO! They smiling down from heaven knowing that they can still provide for their mothers in some way,shape or form. Their mothers should be the ONLY people to still make money from their work.

I agree.

But at the same time, like others have said, they can't be puttin out bullsh*t material. 'Big ballin' azz nikka named Trice...'

Fuk outta here with that....at least release a quality CD.

street ninja said:

I agree.

But at the same time, like others have said, they can't be puttin out bullsh*t material. 'Big ballin' azz nikka named Trice...'

Fuk outta here with that....at least release a quality CD.

yea that part bothered me too.. After that i stopped listening.. lol. Pac and Obie Trice come on now that aint even right..

quality? you think youre gonna get that from most hip hop artists?
tee hee hee... foolish childhood sentiment if you ask me, the only cds im willin to buy are people i aint ever heard of... im tired of hip pop...

Back