Using Snares in R And B

Cuz if you put a sanre in most of today's RnB beats it'd be Rap.

it depends on what type of RnB song it is.

most RnB songs are intended to have a smooth, relaxed mood, and certain types of snaps and snares conducive to evoking such a mood.

A lot of R n B songs have snares in it, but they keep it low and mostly have 2 kicks 1 snare 1 kick 1 snare and a smooth melodie and the snare would be hard to hear, but the kick is easy to hear and is layered with a smooth bass.

Sike, I just made that up.:D

YoungSketch said:
A lot of R n B songs have snares in it, but they keep it low and mostly have 2 kicks 1 snare 1 kick 1 snare and a smooth melodie and the snare would be hard to hear, but the kick is easy to hear and is layered with a smooth bass.

Sike, I just made that up.:D

Haha fool you crazy!!

I think snares are overated now in rnb, everyones switchin to the Kanye clap/snare now.

Hip Hop fcked up R & B. Nowadays, wherever hip hop goes, R & B follows. Hip hop moved to Latin music, R & B followed. Hip hop moved to Reggae, R & B tagged along. Hip hop might move on to Drum n, bass, I betcha R & B will still follow.

Sh!t, ill throw some hard snares on some R&B. Thats that Tribe called quest flavor. Smooth joint, hard a$$ snare. Im wit it.

i use snares in r&b alot......

its the rain drop that is played out

seco said:
I think snares are overated now in rnb, everyones switchin to the Kanye clap/snare now.

muphukka i made that up!!!:mad: phuk kanye. it was me! all me!! :mad:

:mad: still mad!! you thought i'd be smiling too didnt you! mmm hmmm

quit hattin on kanye west hes tight beats kanye made up sampling fa sho yall just jealous cuz hes the man where can i download a mpc with kanye beats hes tight

kaliyl said:
Sh!t, ill throw some hard snares on some R&B. Thats that Tribe called quest flavor. Smooth joint, hard a$$ snare. Im wit it.
Speaking of TCQ, I was listening to the Love Movement over the weekend. "Like It Like That" has a mean clap in it. I had forgotten hard their claps and snares were.

But R&B still uses snares. It just depends on the style of the song. The dance oriented songs use claps, but the ballads and mid tempos use snares.

Back