Trick Daddy Got The Same Health Issue As J-Dilla Did

L

LeodPenrose

as Trick Daddy prepares for the release of his upcoming autobiography, he has revealed that he is also dealing with a serious health issue.

The Miami-bred rapper appeared on The Rickey Smiley Morning Show today (March 23) to promote his autobiography Magic City: Trials of a Native Son.

During the interview, he made the shocking revelation that he suffers from Lupus, an incurable autoimmune disease, which makes the immune system attacks the body’s cells and tissue.

Lupus affects all major organs in the human body, including the heart, kidneys and nervous system.

“I went to the doctor like 12 years ago. He took all kinds of tests, because I was trying to get rid of what we call dry skin, she did biopsies and blood tests and swab tests. She told me I have lupus. I am allergic highly to the sun, that’s my worst enemy. It’s like an AK-47 with a double clip on it. I could jeopardize kidney and liver failure from the treatment and the medication.”

The disease, which affects African-American and Hispanics in disproportionate numbers, particularly women.

The rapper also learned that a close female friend had the disease, when he noticed a visible change in her appearance.

“A lot of people try to cover it up with regular make up. It makes your skin pigmented. You can go from dark to light and not light to dark. You have to cover it up and conceal it…my mama had 11 children from 10 different men. If she can live with that I know, I can live with this."

The disease has already taken the life of prominent Hip-Hop producer James “J. Dilla” Yancey, who died from complications of the disease on February 19, 2006, just three days after his 32nd birthday.

In related news, Trick Daddy also announced he has landed his first major film role in a film that begins shooting next week.

“They got me playing in a movie with a lot of gangsters from The Wire and the big black films. I can me, I can be a G in it.”

Dmn man, this ish aint no joke. At least he got his film role though. Even more to add to his legacy.

Damn that's ****ed up. I hope Trick is alright.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trick is as real as they get. He IS Miami. He will continue to make great music and keep pushing. It's been an issue that hasn't slowed him down to this day.

His imprint Dunk Ryder Records really has showed us a lot of love and given us a chance to do major production work. For the people that say he fell off Trick is really goin' in on this. The streets are waiting for it.

You can check one of the records we produced off the upcoming project

https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288637

I would have liked to see them mention the album in the interview.

Sinceazy said:
11 kids from 10 diffrent men ?? lol hahahah that reminds me of darsheke from dont be a menace

lolololol I was just watching that

KomplexBeats said:
Trick is as real as they get. He IS Miami.

You ain't lyin bout that. Man Trick IS Florida. If u go to any hood South of Ocala....coast to coast EVERYBODY fvcks wit Trick more
than any other artist EVER......can't wait for the new album.....that's my most anticipated album in YEARS.......

On a side note.....I'm going to check out Iceberg from the Dunk Ryders this weekend......that "Naked Hustle" joint he has is the sheeit...

Last edited:
If she wud have put each dude on child support she wud have been cakin. Florida be raping cats. And I'm 1 of them.

777 said:
You ain't lyin bout that. Man Trick IS Florida. If u go to any hood South of Ocala....coast to coast EVERYBODY fvcks wit Trick more
than any other artist EVER.

You aint lyin I went to Fitzgerald, Georgia 1 year for some family sh*t & all the kids were asking me if i had ever met or seen Trick Daddy like he was a god or some sh*t...lol. Trick is the undisputed king of Miami. Iceberg is makin noise right now things are lookin up for Dunk Ryders.

MUSIKFIEND said:
You aint lyin I went to Fitzgerald, Georgia 1 year for some family sh*t & all the kids were asking me if i had ever met or seen Trick Daddy like he was a god or some sh*t...lol. Trick is the undisputed king of Miami. Iceberg is makin noise right now things are lookin up for Dunk Ryders.

Berg could be next in Florida his name is just on fire in the streets.

Dunk Ryders have a chance to be the next big independent down here period

Peace

Trick is one of my favorite southern artists ,i can kinda relate to him in a way ,especially when i was livin further down south years back.

Back