Timbaland
Neptunes

all after me of corse ;-)

P E A C E

Young Fresh 2 Death said:
1) Dre
2)Timbaland
3)Neptunes

There is alot of great producers out there but i feel these 3 are the best just because unlike the rest i feel these guys have what it takes to always comback with something hot and fresh after there at the time sound has faded off!

hmmm! matter fact im gona put Scott Storch name in there too cause he has had his fingers on a lot of dre and timbland stuff too.

no order-
dr. dre
premier
dan the automator

just a side note does anyone know who produced "silly puddy" it has zion I and the grouch rappin on it.

i'm always suprised when i see dr. dre on most peoples list. i thought it was common knowledge that this cat doesn't do tracks top to bottom without scott storch or mel man doing most of the ish for him. maybe i'm wrong. anyway...

hip hop:
organized noise
just blaze
me

overall:
prince
gamble & huff
curtis mayfield

honorable mention:
andre 3000 (new ish is crazy. biting prince but still):cool:

Last edited:
1. Bomb Squad
2. Marley Marl
3. DJ Premier

These guys have done it for years....that's why there's no new guys on the list.......the people who i believe are on thier way there?.......

1. Just Blaze/Kanye West(I consider them a team for some reason).......

2. Swiss Beats--I give him credit for being a pioneer(even though he's slowed down)....think about it.....who can u name that was doin keyboard beats in underground hip hop before he did some of dmx's early stuff?...plus....i think he's a really good programmer....

3.Neptunes-- they just get it for the volume of hits they have done.

Just my 2 cents......

sorry for the double post....but I gotta give props to the guy who said mantronix....he was definitely the man....way before his time.....i consider all keyboard beat makers to be his students.....

PEACE

samson said:
i'm always suprised when i see dr. dre on most peoples list. i thought it was common knowledge that this cat doesn't do tracks top to bottom without scott storch or mel man doing most of the ish for him. maybe i'm wrong. anyway...

:
That is common knowledge. However, the thread was about producers, not beatmakers. Everybody always harps on that, but nobody every looks at the fact neither of those cats have "produced" a hit song on their own. Scott Storch is a brilliant keyboardist, and Mel Man is nasty on the MPC, but neither of them have produced anything noteworthy outside of work with Dr. De. Mel Man hasn't been with Dre for a minute now. Where is all his hits, or one hit? Scott Storch has also done some outside production work. It was solid, but not a Dre production.

My team:
Dr. Dre
Premier
P Diddy (That's right, P Diddy....LOL)!

Dre(even though he nibbles, he reinvents himself)
Havoc
PRIMO

Tha TOP 3...

Jazzy Pha
Organized Noize
Dr. Dre

Honorable Mention for his work in '03

Lil Jon

1 - 3 the real way

1# DRE -composition..the Quincy jones of hip hop
2# Timbaland -arrangements...this man put India in hip hop
3# Neptunes - effects(milk shake sucks though)......they've come a long way since rump shaker..oh you did not know they did that?????? it's ok relax:monkey:

Back