Sooo....tell me why a 360 deal is bad, again?

I think Tech flies under alot of radars because of how huge he's gotten on an underground scene. I doubt at this point a label could do anything for him, and if he was to take a hiatus, he could definitely emerge years later and pick up where he left off. That would be due to his followings from Juggalos to Bikers/bike gangs, to hip hop heads looking for something they can say "isn't mainstream", to whoever.

Troup's point is valid, he just chose an artist who's alot more active than you realize if you don't know the guy's demographic and aren't part of it. Easy mistake to make because he absolutely breaks every common rule to music these days. No one else like him in any genre at this point. Macklemore pretends, but he's as much part of the major label structure as any other major artist and I doubt he'll have a repeat of his early success EVER again. "Thrift Shop" got him where he was and it's been downhill since. Replace Tech N9ne with say...Dej Loaf... there you go. Then everything he said makes sense.

Last edited:
I'm confused...

So, is it have Relationships or is it have Talent and Skill? You cosigned Troup's post where he said it's Relationships, but now you're saying it's more important to have what?

You need both! Relationships are good for favorable introductions. But in order to keep a momentum going, you have to perform.

I can bring you to the table, but you have to put in the work to continue to eat well. Get it?

The second I'm being paid to make music I'd be happy even if it isn't millions of dollars. I already put slave work into my music, a deal would only mean I could work harder and actually see some type of return. I enjoy what I do so much I don't even see it as work.

If making music isn't a passion and you feel that you're a slave doing it, then maybe it isn't your dream job after all. Oh and the connections and learning experience you gain from the deal would be worth it.

One more thing, I'd love to pay the producers that I work with much more than I can afford to now and a deal would likely enable that. Also give myself and them the exposure they deserve.

Last edited:
Cute meme's don't prove your point.

I was up at like 3am the other night, and saw that BILL BELLAMY is hosting a game show...at 3am...and it sucks...but he's still hosting a game show.

When is the last time this dude was hot, like damn near 20 years ago??

Bill Bellamy New “Let’s Ask America” Host; GSN Airing Bellamy-Hosted Episodes Starting January 2015 | BuzzerBlog

That's what the star making power of a MAJOR can do for someone. In fact, it's exactly what they are supposed to do for someone. Enable them to get work LONG after their time has come and gone, simply because "once upon a time" everyone knew who they were.

Bleek will be able to work off of his name for a very long time...just because people know who that name is.

Once Tech stops touring/recording, he'll have to stand in line at the club.

Bill Bellamy is also the star of the TV show Mr. Box Office which has been on the air since 2012...so, hosting a game show AND starring in your own sitcom at the same time is a pretty good look if you ask me...and that's not including the fact that he still tours doing stand up.

Now, for Memph Bleek and Tech N9ne - I'm not completely sure how you figure Bleek will doing this or that in the future while Tech can only stay on the road to make money...I'm pretty sure there are dozens of big companies who are both fans of his music and his business knowledge that would give him a corporate job. Bleek? I can't say the same...matter fact, what IS Bleek doing nowadays??

You need both! Relationships are good for favorable introductions. But in order to keep a momentum going, you have to perform.

I can bring you to the table, but you have to put in the work to continue to eat well. Get it?

I absolutely get it and agree 100%, but cats were in here talkin bout Relationships are the END ALL BE ALL to success.

A 360 deal only sounds like a bad deal to someone with low ambitions and 0 work ethic. I'm no expert, but from all the videos, literature, and information I have gathered, it actually sounds like a decent deal. If you are a marketable artist, have a sizeable following, and work ethic, the shit kinda works in your favor-the label helps set up income streams for which they will get a cut, and if your shit works, you not only make some bread, but you can negotiate for a larger cut. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Can you post some of the info you are finding...thx

Bill Bellamy is also the star of the TV show Mr. Box Office which has been on the air since 2012...so, hosting a game show AND starring in your own sitcom at the same time is a pretty good look if you ask me...and that's not including the fact that he still tours doing stand up.

Now, for Memph Bleek and Tech N9ne - I'm not completely sure how you figure Bleek will doing this or that in the future while Tech can only stay on the road to make money...I'm pretty sure there are dozens of big companies who are both fans of his music and his business knowledge that would give him a corporate job. Bleek? I can't say the same...matter fact, what IS Bleek doing nowadays??

Perfect sequeway. Here's Bill's Boss;Byron Allen, a former comedian who started his own network. Getting on the job training comes with the territory of being a boss and controlling the means of production. A 360 deal interferes with ownership and being a boss. It goes against many tenets of being an Entreprenuer. Byron Allen learned how to run his own business and went against a system that historically gives the Black men hell. He didn't settle for industry standards. He knew exactly what he wanted and put in the work and effort to achieve that and now runs a company that generates over 100 million annually. He has his own unique profitable business model. If Byron Allen listened to the oppressive outdated system, he'd be a has been somewhere looking for work. Corporations really don't have a clue what's the next hot artist, product or show. They're just banks giving loans and a 360 deal doesn't change that and make them these great visionaries all of a sudden.

If more small business owners are successful like this guy, Corporations will try and come up with a strategy to fatten their pockets and eliminate the competition just like they did when they created the 360. That's what Corporations do. It's a spineless business model with no transparency. Greedy heartless leeches can hide behind the company logo and focus on their executive bonuses and keeping shareholders happy. The 360 deal in simplest terms is just a revision by greedy Corporations to make more money at the artists expense. It's not easy selling this model to the older artists who have business savy but rap is geared towards the younger audience anyway so it won't be a problem too much going forward. To anyone who thinks like a typical worker, there is no issue.

Last edited:
Perfect sequeway. Here's Bill's Boss;Byron Allen, a former comedian who started his own network. Getting on the job training comes with the territory of being a boss and controlling the means of production. A 360 deal interferes with ownership and being a boss. It goes against many tenets of being an Entreprenuer. Byron Allen learned how to run his own business and went against a system that historically gives the Black men hell. He didn't settle for industry standards. He knew exactly what he wanted and put in the work and effort to achieve that and now runs a company that generates over 100 million annually. He has his own unique profitable business model. If Byron Allen listened to the oppressive outdated system, he'd be a has been somewhere looking for work. Corporations really don't have a clue what's the next hot artist, product or show. They're just banks giving loans and a 360 deal doesn't change that and make them these great visionaries all of a sudden.

If more small business owners are successful like this guy, Corporations will try and come up with a strategy to fatten their pockets and eliminate the competition just like they did when they created the 360. That's what Corporations do. It's a spineless business model with no transparency. Greedy heartless leeches can hide behind the company logo and focus on their executive bonuses and keeping shareholders happy. The 360 deal in simplest terms is just a revision by greedy Corporations to make more money at the artists expense. It's not easy selling this model to the older artists who have business savy but rap is geared towards the younger audience anyway so it won't be a problem too much going forward. To anyone who thinks like a typical worker, there is no issue.

360 Deals IMO are just like student loans - you NEED an education and, unless your family is loaded, you can't afford the skyrocketing prices on your own. So, either get $60,000 in loans that will then turn into $100,000 you pay us back or else go and get you a remedial job where you will always have a glass ceiling.

Now, you can go the Indie route (work while in school), but trust you will be 40 hours a week with school and 40 hours a week with a full-time job to pay for it. Most, if not all, choose the student loan route (360 deal). Yeah, you got a higher paying/better job with your college degree (more exposure of celebrity), but Sallie Mae now owns dat azz for the next 30 years.

Back