Some feel good music?

D

dpinya

Im on a search for songs that just make you feel good. Doesnt have to be hip hop only. A example would be "whos that lady" by the isley brothers, or "what you want" by mase. If you know of any songs, please add to the list.

Peaceee

ll cool j - paradise
pete rock rock ft.cl smooth - its a love thing
biggie ft. mase p diddy - mo money mo problems
big pun - still not a player
2pac - dear mama
scarface - on my block
big l - holdin it down

dpinya said:
Im on a search for songs that just make you feel good. Doesnt have to be hip hop only. A example would be "whos that lady" by the isley brothers, or "what you want" by mase. If you know of any songs, please add to the list.

Peaceee

I saw this chick Leela James on Music Choice channel the other day.

I just downloaded her CD, and it's pretty good. It's not so much neo, but more soul. She sounds fresh outta church.

Pick that up, and support some real music.

Poetry in the streets - necro.

Makes me feel good LOL

Masta Ace - Beautiful
Rjd2 - Ghostwriter (Remix)
Nas feat A.Z. - Life's A *****
Talib Kweli - Get By
Faith Evans feat. Twista - Hope
Notorious B.I.G. - Juicy

Last edited:
yeah...Masta Ace has a great CD. It's actually creative.

His flow sounds slightly dated, but what he's saying is so great, that it doesn't matter.

And it's old school sampling for those who dig sampling.

I love that album. One of the best to come out last year.

Masta Ace - Long Hot Summer. I actually bought it, cuz I wanna support that kind of real music.

We're Steppin Out - Big Gipp... great track.

If you like Blackalicious try out "First in Fligt"

Cam'ron's "Down and Out" always picks up my mood, and the production is absolutely amazing.

Cee-lo... You need to own both of these CDs... Cee-Lo Green and his Perfect Imperfections, Cee-Lo Green is the Soul Machine... lots of thoughtfully produced, unique, meaningful music. And it all sounds good too. If you can only get one, go for Cee-lo Green is the Soul Machine, it was my favorite.

Chico Debarge... "It's Cool" off of "Free"

Consequence "So Soulful", "The Good, The Bad, The Ugly"... "Electric Relaxation"... any of those might also be on a Kanye West mixtape, since he's featured and he's the more famous artist. "Electric Relaxation" and "The Good, The Bad, The Ugly" both appear on Freshman Adjustment, a Kanye mixtape that I highly recommend. Lots of feel-good stuff there, but you can't get it domestically in the US.

DMX - How's it Goin' Down... a classic...

The entire Dungeon Family "Even in Darkness" album... pick this one up sometime for a few feel-good tracks...

Earth, Wind and Fire... MmmmMMmMmmmm Reasons, Keep Your Head to the Sky, September... you know these ones already...

Jadakiss... We Goin make it, Knock Yourself Out, Keep Your Head Up

Jay-Z... **** all Nite, The Bounce, Poppin Tags, Encore, Izzo, Girls, Girls, Girls (Both versions), Hola Hovito

John Legend in general... If you've got access to mixtapes, keep an eye out for a track called "Do What I Gotta Do" by Legend. My friend sent me a snippet of it and I've been looking for a full version of it for nearly a year... it's an incredible piece.

Jurassic Five... Thin Line, After School Special, What's Golden, Freedom...

If you don't have it already, pick up K-Os - Joyful Rebellion... amazing CD by an incredibly talented MC. Can't recommend this one enough.

Masta Ace - ALHS does have a lot of great cuts and there are plenty of feel-good tracks on the album.

H.O.O.D. is a good one, but my favorite is Brooklyn Masala.

If you like N.E.R.D I'd recommend "Run to the Sun", a brilliant piece off of their first album.

The Zephyr Song off of Red Hot Chili Pepper's latest is beautiful... Going a bit farther back...

The Roots "The 'Notic", a cut featuring D'Angelo off of the MIB soundtrack. "Stay Cool" my personal favorite from their latest...

Snoop Dogg's newest CD has a few... Let's Get Blown, Signs, Pass it Pass It... If you have Neptunes presents the clones I've always loved "It Blows my Mind"

Stevie Wonder... Living for the City, Sir Duke, Don't You Worry About A Thing, I Wish, Knocks Me Off My Feet... well, you've heard Stevie...

Tony! Toni! Tone! is a good group... you remember Anniversary, It Never Rains?

Dro in Da Wind, by Trick Daddy is a summer favorite around here...

Twista's Kamikaze has Sunshine on it, which is a track I really love.

I really love the Youngbloodz, but I find that a lot of people are unfamiliar with them. Check out 85, My Automobile, Mind on my Money...

Whew, just went through my iPod, hope you'll listen to a track or two...

Blackalicious - Feel that way
Les Nubians - Me & Me
Norman Brown - Dancing in the house
Level 42 - Starchild (good lookin Curlz!!)
Roots Manuva - Dreamy Days
Isleys - Summer Breeze
Sade - Cherish the day, no ordinary love etc
RZA ft Xavier Naidoo - Ive never seen
Jonathan Butler - The Source
Jill Scott - Intro to disc 2 of Jill Scott Live. I think it's called Free Prelude
Floetry - Butterflies
Digable Planets - Rebirth of slick

j.troup said:
yeah...Masta Ace has a great CD. It's actually creative.

His flow sounds slightly dated, but what he's saying is so great, that it doesn't matter.

And it's old school sampling for those who dig sampling.

I love that album. One of the best to come out last year.

Masta Ace - Long Hot Summer. I actually bought it, cuz I wanna support that kind of real music.

I agree, great album.

It has good lyrics, solid production and just a general feeling that it was really professionally structured.

Thanks for all the replies! I had some of the mentioned ones, but u lead me to some new artists ive never heard before. Thanks guys, anyone else got any sugestions?

btw master ace is dope, and so its roots manuva. Ima have to check out more of their stuff.

Peacee

~John Legend in general... If you've got access to mixtapes, keep an eye out for a track called "Do What I Gotta Do" by Legend. My friend sent me a snippet of it and I've been looking for a full version of it for nearly a year... it's an incredible piece.~

i got one thats like 4 min long.......u got aol i can send it to ya

Family Business-Kanye West
Worlds Greatest-R.Kelly
Isnt She Lovely-Stevie Wonder
Brown Skin Lady-Blackstar
The Food-Common ft./ Kanye West
Dreams-Game
Whats Beef?-Mos Def

**** like that

the crossover-epmd

ordinary people-john legend

mint condition-ANYTHING mint condition!

it takes two-pete rock & cl smooth (i think..)

make it hot-nicole ray

young at heart-(the way my mom sings it)

"i have NO idea who wrote that last joint all i know
is its a jazz standard."

Last edited:
Mattnificent said:
~John Legend in general... If you've got access to mixtapes, keep an eye out for a track called "Do What I Gotta Do" by Legend. My friend sent me a snippet of it and I've been looking for a full version of it for nearly a year... it's an incredible piece.~

i got one thats like 4 min long.......u got aol i can send it to ya

Maybe it's by John Stephens. That's his stage name when he used to perform live (and it's his real name lol). I mean I've never heard the track you talking about but maybe it's worth looking under that name too.

Back