So, Last year i made a "war" track f/ a 300 snip...

producingLC

divorcingFP
Then here comes Fat Joe with a "war" track featuring a 300 snip link.
(not to mention my track was better)
Discuss. (say f-u, go to hell etc.)

300 was over rated.

And the persians weren't black. I don't appreciate the use of race in the movie to attempt to draw a subtle good/evil contrast.

Last edited by a moderator:
there are "black" persians, same as there are black irish, black jews, black hebrews...

gosh... when will people realize?

Broken Friday said:
there are "black" persians, same as there are black irish, black jews, black hebrews...

gosh... when will people realize?

Watching the movie you would have thought the noble white greeks were fighting an african country.

Anyway this is a sidebar i don't care to get into. I just pick up on a lot of subtle cinematic symbolism that most people dont care for. 300 never sat well with me.

yeah, i just heard fat joe's 300. in my opinion, it was garbage. trust, i know several lesser known producers, including myself, who could have done a better job than that. it just didn't have the energy behind it for that type of track. lol, producingLC. i get got like that all the time. whenever i finish a track, i'll turn on the radio or videos and what do you know, there's an artist using the sample i just used for a track. oh well, back to the drawing board.

Examples:
Beyonce - Upgrade U
Bow Wow - Outta my system
Rick Ross - Shot to the heart
50 Cent - I get money
Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend

I heard each of these literally after completing my version using the same sample. What's funny is my version using the Betty Wright sample was done when i first started producing and when i sold my version of I Get Money, the group called me that night and told me to turn on the radio to hear that 50 Cent beat me to it.

Last edited:
djlarceny said:
whenever i finish a track, i'll turn on the radio or videos and what do you know, there's an artist using the sample i just used for a track.

make music without (well-known) samples and you won't have the problem ;)

Block Runna said:
bateman maybe you look to in to things?

Always a possibility.

Its just my opinion, one of millions.

There was also a scene in "the Departed" (which was otherwise a good movie, much better than 300) that I thought used black skin to represent "darkness" or evil and white skin to represent "pure" or good.

I could be completely crazy and out of my mind though. We could all be insane. Insane people could be the most sane. Scary thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
weird, cuz i made a 300 track and called it war lol. thats crazy. i dont like the hook. feels off beat

P.Bateman said:
Always a possibility.

Its just my opinion, one of millions.

There was also a scene in "the Departed" (which was otherwise a good movie, much better than 300) that I thought used black skin to represent "darkness" or evil and white skin to represent "pure" or good.

I could be completely crazy and out of my mind though. We could all be insane. Insane people could be the most sane. Scary thought.
lol what scene in The Departed? I love that movie. 300 was good to, I think your a bit off your rocker with the theory's but its interesting and maybe your right I dunno, wouldn't surprise me.

I watch a lot of movies, just for the entertainment not to find conspiracy's against the black man.

If you think about it though Native Americans were painted as savages for decades in westerns. The sharks got a bad wrap in Jaws. Tis sad.

Last edited:
noblewordz said:
lol what scene in The Departed? I love that movie. 300 was good to, I think your a bit off your rocker with the theory's but its interesting and maybe your right I dunno, wouldn't surprise me.

I watch a lot of movies, just for the entertainment not to find conspiracy's against the black man.

If you think about it though Native Americans were painted as savages for decades in westerns. The sharks got a bad wrap in Jaws. Tis sad.

The scene with jack nicholson and the black chick. It cut between that "depraved, lustful" scene and the white couple "making love". I think Scorcese chose a black woman for that role to "enhance" the good/evil contrast. Or maybe she just auditioned really well for that part :rolleyes: .

Bad guys always tend to embody in one way or another a darker color in movies, thats nothing new (Darth Vader, the Orc, etc)...but when you use race to do that, it just doesn't sit well with me. I'm just real keen on symbolism in cinema so i pick up on a lot...or so I like to tell myself...maybe I'm crazy...

First of all, most of them looked Middle Eastern, all the major characters on the Persian side except the lame messenger was Middle Eastern, and the rest, you couldn't see their face or they were all deformed. Grow up and stop pulling the race card for no reason.

Jay. said:
First of all, most of them looked Middle Eastern, all the major characters on the Persian side except the lame messenger was Middle Eastern, and the rest, you couldn't see their face or they were all deformed. Grow up and stop pulling the race card for no reason.

no, they werent all middle eastern. Fact.

I'm not pulling the race card. A "race card" is something you pull when you are in an argument. Last I checked...I wasnt arguing.... Just stating how I see. Cant deal with another mans opinion? Then grow the phuck up.

And from the looks of your hoemotions, i am more grown up than you. You must have really liked watching all those strapping young men prance about with no shirts and rippling muscles for my opinion to have got you upset.

Back