Question about Twitter and FB

THE KEY TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA IS INTERACTION....NOT SPAMMING.

great point. And not only that its making sure the person you are trying to market to wants what you have to offer. dont just try to sell beats to them try to build a relationship. That also means if u r gonna "promo" stuff to people don't be an ass about it. telling someone once is okay and gets decent results in my experience. bombarding people is another thing.

I personally think the future is in automated RFID chips like in Minority Report. Maybe not the extreme, of your eyeballs being your markers, but maybe your phone/computer device automatically updating your status.....so you walk into Starbucks and it immediately displays on your "friends" phones "XXX is at Starbucks....meet him there and get 1.00 off your Super Small Pequno Venti".

The capability is already there, it's just a matter of time before Congress openly passes the bill allowing this to happen without consent.

RFID News Roundup - RFID Journal

paranoid.gif

People already volunteer that info plus more on facebook. You click something and type your location in there.....Why people do this is beyond me. People post when their sick, why their sick, what time they go to work, for how long, what foods they like, what times they wake up...etc.....SMH, why do all that? man, people are weird. Then have the nerve to look at me crazy when I say i dont have a facebook.

I have to disagree, the more spam out there I think the easier is to stand out.. like I just started taking twitter seriously ( since i upped my website) all you need to do is ask people stuff to get them talking and when you take time out your day to ask if someone else has some music you can listen too or how they are doing.. they talk back and are interested in what you have to say. It doesn't take much because everyone else is like "PICK ME PICK ME" and you are like "hey you have any music I could hear?" just puts you in a different space next thing u know they are spamming for you. ( which is a positive thing)

Thats a good Idea! I gotta be careful not to look like a D-rider though lol

Thats a good Idea! I gotta be careful not to look like a D-rider though lol

Yeah you don't have to suck up to em but just talk to em like a human and not just another sale it goes a long way.

---------- Post added at 01:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

The point I'm trying to make is that because of the spam people start to be less receptive to these social networking avenues. Think about it. Do you check your myspace? (Assuming you have a myspace) Probably not. Spam probably contributed to that.

Well Of course I don't check my, myspace anymore it was dead a long time ago. It's still sorta alive on the music business tip but for everyday social activities it is very much dead. It died for a few reasons not just spam.. honestly i don't think spam was the reason so many people left. It was just the natural migration because facebook was superior ( better navigation and messaging, uniform pages so no more overcrowded laggy pages, It would help you find your friends etc) What you have left now is just spammers mainly for music just trying to see if someone will check them out I don't think spam was the only cause of it's death though.

Twitter has it's share of spammers but this is what's beautiful about their system. See a spammer? Unfollow. yay no more messages. The only thing they can do is retweet and mention spam you but that will really just get their account flagged with the quickness. No one can direct message you unless you are mutually following each other.

Alot of the business talk takes place in DM's so everyone doesn't see it. You can really have a spam free twitter if you want.

Last edited:
Twitter is absolutely, positively a necessary aspect of being involved with any type of media. The amount of opportunities rolling through their hourly, along with networking is unmatched anywhere. If you have a solid real life hustle, and back that up with Twitter you should see some decent results.

THE KEY TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA IS INTERACTION....NOT SPAMMING.

this is 100% correct

:cheers:

Yeah you don't have to suck up to em but just talk to em like a human and not just another sale it goes a long way.

---------- Post added at 01:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

Well Of course I don't check my, myspace anymore it was dead a long time ago. It's still sorta alive on the music business tip but for everyday social activities it is very much dead. It died for a few reasons not just spam.. honestly i don't think spam was the reason so many people left. It was just the natural migration because facebook was superior ( better navigation and messaging, uniform pages so no more overcrowded laggy pages, It would help you find your friends etc) What you have left now is just spammers mainly for music just trying to see if someone will check them out I don't think spam was the only cause of it's death though.

Twitter has it's share of spammers but this is what's beautiful about their system. See a spammer? Unfollow. yay no more messages. The only thing they can do is retweet and mention spam you but that will really just get their account flagged with the quickness. No one can direct message you unless you are mutually following each other.

Alot of the business talk takes place in DM's so everyone doesn't see it. You can really have a spam free twitter if you want.

I might be the only one but I actually prefer myspace to facebook and always have. I use facebook more often than myspace which I do check from time to time because there are opps out there for those looking but most of what i find these days are found with searches on twitter. It is becoming harder and harder to find buyers on twitter or facebook these days though. When I try to reach out to some people especially on facebook they simply do not reply and they aren't even well known artists or anything some of them just do not reply. I think the way of the person who just produces, makes beats and mixes is going out for the person who does all of that and is an artist even if they mediocre.

I have been using Increasr.com because you can get credits there much faster and also more twitter followers,facebook fans, youtube subscribers and video views. Visit their site at increasr.com

Twitter is pretty cool. I use Facebook to chop it up on the chat and for new music. I see a song that's interesting to me and I check it out. Used to do that here but......people don't care about new music no more here. :(

Back