Are producers experiencing slow times in trying to sell beats and get placements?

J

J Bob

Ive talked to a lot of fellow producers and they say things are moving pretty slow for them right now. Is that the same way with alot of producers like you, or you know?

when it comes to placements generally people leave their offices from like december until after all the award shows have aired

might sound a lil funny but youll notice no albums are being released
the industry shuts down for 'vacation'

As far as non major releases I haven't found indie artists wanting to buy as many tracks this year.

Things are def slow, not only are people not puting out as much, they are also slimming down budgets when they do. I was good with Lil Flip for a minute and he just wrapped up his newest album, but during the whole process he used his own in-house, producer, engineer, video director, manager, dj, studio, graphics guy, everything. props to him but this is the new trend, get 4 or 5 dudes on your team and just do the whole show. he gave my beat cd back and said "i'm not even looking for tracks anymore, i got everything in-house."

To put a little positive spin on things, a local Dallas artist named Ricochet just got signed with Asylum and i was in talkings with them, back and forth phone calls, price changes and after about 4 weeks i got my track to them and recorded.. and that was just one placement lol. Times are tough but just stick to your guns.

Last edited:
things have been movin' along nicely since the beginning of the year. i've got a decent amount of indie artists still hitting me up.

DjayCas said:
when it comes to placements generally people leave their offices from like december until after all the award shows have aired

might sound a lil funny but youll notice no albums are being released
the industry shuts down for 'vacation'

dude nailed it on the head. NOW is one of the best times for networking, if you got any kind of bread, i would spend it attending the events these cats are at...

Yeah now that the Grammys are over, Im hoping things start picking up becuase things are moving slow right now and i got bills to pay lol

In the past, I havn't really tried to sell my BEATS... but recently, people have been hittin me up on myspace wanting to buy beats. So I guess, its getting better for me and not getting harder. I also just did some work for the Dance Team at my college. Things are really picking up for me.

Last edited:
Back