new wayne interview

xtrordinare

from allhiphop

dude is sticking to what he said....

After setting the streets ablaze with controversial comments about Jay-Z, The Clipse, Young Buck and Pharrell in the December/January issue of Complex magazine, Lil' Wayne recently called in to DJ Absolut's Hot 97 show in an attempt to temper his words.

During the 7-minute interview, Weezy addresses comments he made to Complex about Jay-Z.

“I don’t like what he’s saying about how he had to come back because Hip-Hop’s dead and we need him. It’s not your house anymore, and I’m better than you," Lil' Wayne told the magazine.

When asked to explain, Lil Wayne explained that he didn't like the concept that Jay-Z's comeback album was built upon the notion that Hip-Hop is dead.

“I think I speak for everybody when I say it’s not dead as long as I’m still dropping albums,” Lil' Wayne told DJ Absolut.

Wayne also disclosed that some of the comments stem from the brief courtship between him and Roc-A-Fella last year when he his weighing his label re-signing options.

“I want people to just look at it like that dude who came out of college that was supposed to get drafted by the #1 team, which was Roc-A-Fella/Def Jam,” stated Wayne. “They passed on me and now I with a good team and a good coach and of course on every interview I’m gonna cut down the team that didn’t pick me.

Lil' Wayne also stuck to his position that he is a better rapper than Jay-Z.

"I'm better than this game," Lil' Wayne declared. "We could be having this conversation about any other person in this game. It was who I was asked about at this time. Yall trying to build a case on me. But I tell you what. If you build a case against me and take me to trial, I will beat it."

In addition to Jay Z, Wayne also had choice words for The Clipse and Pharrell saying, “"I don’t see no f—ing Clipse. How many years them n— been around? Who the f— is Pharrell? Do you really respect him?”

Upon hearing his comments, The Clipse took to the airwaves in WWHV Hot 102.1 FM in Virginia to respond to an already tense situation.

“Wayne, you sort of copying The Clipse right now,” Pusha T told DJ Derrick Da Franchise. “I think he made a bad judgment call and just decided to take a swipe at us…maybe he’s got an album coming out. This is a small thing to a giant, he’s just acting out.”

"If anything, I am upset about him using the F word before my name, being as though he likes to sit around and kiss men. If you gonna kiss men, you can't even use them words in conjunction with The Clipse, Pharrell, or any of the [Star Trak ] family. He's definitely acting out right now. Jay-Z? Do what you gotta do. But involve The Clipse? You don't want to do that. I already don't look at him like a G. He aint nothing like me."

This dude Wayne really got his head stuck up his ass....

yep...and with the Kay Slay thing in NY addressing Guillie, Jay-Z gonna have some juicy tidbits of gossip to weave into rhymes LOL..

man this is getting interesting. although there is no Jay-Z retaliation in the future....yet

This is like a soap opera, or an old WCW match, talking about the old NWO vs the new NWO vs WCW vs Rick Flair's grandmother sh*t. It's good. This nationwide rivalry is making hip hop a little more interesting again.

im waiting for someone, whether its jay (not likely), clipse or wayne to drop one diss track, just one, and this would pop off like crazy

Does anyone ever wonder if this sh*t is all fake. Like its all just setup behind the scenes to entertain us. Sometimes I wonder????

Who cares? Rap is entertainment all the same. Real or fake.

I wanna hear clipse go at him bad.

Last edited:
NO, this is a ******* mentality, when you start feelin yourself to damn much... the problem is how you gonna talk bad on the one you got ya style from... all the cats catchin feelin off that hip hop is dead thing... if you know you doin good music why the hell do you care what the next mans sayin unless the shoe fits

Drew Reid said:
NO, this is a ******* mentality, when you start feelin yourself to damn much... the problem is how you gonna talk bad on the one you got ya style from... all the cats catchin feelin off that hip hop is dead thing... if you know you doin good music why the hell do you care what the next mans sayin unless the shoe fits

Exactly, they just mad at themselves so take it out on whomever.

^^^

LOL, I get a good laugh everytime i think of that.

its funny to me though, he said in this interview he got rejected from being signed to def jam, now i didnt know if it was true or not, but i thought he was just looking around, but said that cash money was his home, he just wanted to see other offers....so that reason alone makes me wonder

Gillie Da Kid will b*tch slap Lil Wayne (who is actually 27)

man. this fool a damn lie. on dedication, mutha****a was talking about jay wanted to sign him, but he chose not to sign because universal offered him more. **** outta here wit that #1 draft pick got passed nonsense.

Back