Little Brother's Opinion On Lil Wayne And Southern Hip Hop...

OsamaPigLatin

Lil' Wayne speaks so well B/W The South = Atlanta

If Dwayne Carter was from New York City, nobody would care about that nigga right now yo.....and that's ****ed up.

Wayne's renewed popularity, to me, is just like that Chris Rock joke about white people saying 'he speaks so well' when referring to Black people. What the **** y'all think....niggas can't read or some ****......?

That's exactly what I think when I hear niggas who LOATHED Cash Money 5 years ago, rave about how hot Wayne is now. If Wayne was from NYC, he'd be just another mixtape nigga doing his best Jigga impersonation that nobody cared about.

But because he's from the South, y'know the home of niggas bouncin' and shootin' and killin and **** with them ugly ass cups and backwater ass rhymes, all of a sudden its 'yo, that nigga's crazy, son......he's a South nigga but he be spittin' though...'

What kinda reverse discrimination **** is that yo?

I ****s w/Wayne because I feel he IS bringing lyricism back to the South, and it pisses me off to see niggas look at him like a goddamn freak show and ****. Like, 'Wow, a nigga from the South who can actually speak in complete sentences.....with subject-verb agreement and everything!"

And much like, ahem, Little Brother, Cunninlinguists, Strange Fruit, and half the niggas on this board, I think he's gonna always be subjected to the "He Speaks So Well" syndrome from niggas outside the South.

Cut that **** out, yo. Niggas from the South ain't all 6 degrees of Lil' Jon..

And speaking of the South...that brings me to the B-side of this post:

*turns record over*

A note to all my fellow Southerners: When you hear niggas say **** like 'the South is ****ing up hip-hop' or any variations thereof, they're only talking about Atlanta.

In today's times: 'The South' = Atlanta.

Don't believe me? Let's run down the line yo:

1. They're NOT talking about Houston. Niggas like Face, Bun, Geto Boys, and Devin are legends who can actually ****ing spit and have tons of respect in all circles. And what Devin lacks in 'lyricism,' he more than makes up for it in humor, presence, singing, and charisma. And you could pretty much say the same for the rest of Houston's underground (Paul, Cham, Slim, Screwed Up Click, ESG, Lil' Keke, Z-Ro, etc....) Ain't nobody mad at Houston.
*bangs gavel*

2. They're NOT talking about Louisiana. No Limit is no more, and Cash Money is on its last legs save for Lil' Wayne (who speaks so well). They ain't mad at the N.O. no mo.
*bangs gavel*

3. They're NOT talking about Memphis. Yeah, Three Six/Hypnotize Minds have had their share of ig'nant ****, but they were NEVER 'celebrities.' "Stay Fly' is the closest they've ever come to Lil' Jon-type success and/or visibility, and nobody could front on that **** because it was so, well, fly. Paul and Juicy are the best producers this side of Mannie Fresh and '97 era Beats By The Pound. Go on and cue up that Playa Fly CD homie, 'cause ain't nobody mad at Memphis.
*bangs gavel*

4. They're NOT talking about Miami. The Booty era is no more, and even when Luke and 'nem was poppin, it just made the girls dance real fast and made niggas want to ****. Everybody left the club sweaty, happy, and horny. How could anyone possibly be mad at that?
*bangs gavel*

5. They're NOT talking about the Carolinas because aside from Petey Pablo and 9th Wonder, we don't exist. Can't be mad at somebody you don't even know...
*bangs gavel*

I think y'all get the picture....

Atlanta is one of the most loved AND hated cities in hip hop right now.

What other Southern city can give you a T.I. AND a Young Jeezy; two cats who address the 'trap' from two totally different angles, and one with so much more skill and finesse than the other?

What other city in the South can give you the soulful meditations of Dungeon Family, then turn right around and give you something as nigtastic as 'Laffy Taffy?'

The answer is quite obvious.

So, to all my NC and SC brethren.....don't get upset when the South takes some SERIOUS industry backlash in '06.

They don't hate the whole South, they just hate Atlanta.

Tigallo

This has been a Real Nigga PSA�, sponsored by the Percy Miracles Foundation.

This dude said Laffy Taffy was "NIGTASTIC".

lol...its true. Even though i'm from Atlanta, i'd much rather they pinpoint the blame rather than condemning a whole region.

taar44 said:
Which member of litle brother can we associate with this article?

My bad man...it's on their MySpace site. They have a blog about being married and cheating too....Te drops some really dope ideas in that shyt.

BOOOOOO bytch!

I got so bored with his complaining after a few sentences I just stopped reading. You guys need to go out and buy a Lil Brother album so they won't be so damn bitter. They act think they from the north. I'm gonna read the rest now.

I got so bored with his complaining after a few sentences I just stopped reading. You guys need to go out and buy a Lil Brother album so they won't be so damn bitter. They think they from the north. I'm gonna read the rest now.

Paper Chaser said:
I got so bored with his complaining after a few sentences I just stopped reading. You guys need to go out and buy a Lil Brother album so they won't be so damn bitter. They act think they from the north. I'm gonna read the rest now.

Yet they were defending THE SOUTH.

Yup, you might wanna run back and read that shyt over again buddy.

DAMN IT...Ive been saying "THATS NIGGATASTIC" for 2 years now...I should of gotten **** copyrighted or atleast dropped it on the board somewhere :(

Back