Legalsounds selling pirated music (note to people with projects)

jyri

I recently found our latest beat tape on legalsounds . com.. This Russian website is making profit by offering pirated digital downloads. I wouldn't have cared if they weren't trying to get money on the beats as we let people download the beat tapes for free anyways, but since they are trying to make money by selling our project, I had to look into it.

It looks like they are offering pretty much everything they can get their hands on, if it could sell. I also found a mixtape of an artist we are working with on their website. And multiple releases from an indie label we've been in contact with. I asked the executive if they are up on it and he replied that they are and that they can't do a thing about it for now but are working on it.
It seems that there is a "loop hole" in Russian law that prevents the owners of the site from getting sued as they require physical evidence, and the evidence is naturally digital..

But anyways, wanted to post this here for the people who have projects of their own. If your project is in there, you can always prevent it from showing up in Google searches by filing a DMCA notice to Google and pasteing every link related to your project on that DMCA notice. It can be done at Google Help.

Last edited:
Back