Is Krs 1 crazy or something

Status
Not open for further replies.

psquared

I was reading his post on allhiphop.com and I was thinking to myself this dude is freakin nuts. What the hell is wrong with dude he's like one of those guys waiting for a spaceship to come and get him.

"I am not saying that if you do not practice Hiphop in the way that I practice it that you are not Hiphop. I am not even saying that my way is the only way. What I am saying is that; we have an opportunity to re-create ourselves for the purpose of achieving true peace,
love, unity and happiness for ourselves and for our children through Hiphop."

Last edited:
psquared said:
"What I am saying is that; we have an opportunity to re-create ourselves for the purpose of achieving true peace,

img10.jpg

I AM HIP HOP, BYTCH!!!

psquared said:
What the hell is wrong with dude he's like one of those guys waiting for a spaceship to come and get him.

*In Kanye's Voice...

"Buy me a spaceship and flyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Past the skyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Ohhhhhh Ohhhhhhh"

psquared said:
"I am not saying that if you do not practice Hiphop in the way that I practice it that you are not Hiphop. I am not even saying that my way is the only way. What I am saying is that; we have an opportunity to re-create ourselves for the purpose of achieving true peace,

FP Mission Statement :rolleyes:

He's not crazy, simply passionate about what he believes. Even if one does not agree with his total message, you have to agree that he is passionate about hiphop culture. What is crazy is how we on FP always complain about the purity of hiphop, or how it is being destroyed, but will ridicule one of the chief proponents of hiphop purity.

To me, nothing he said in his letter struck me as absurd. I may not agree, but its not absurd. KRS has taken hiphop beyond its B-boyishness and made it philosophical. His thoughts may lean to the left at times, but are never so far out of bounds that he loses you. Intellectually speaking, the concept of progressive philosophy is never right or wrong. Belief or faith in intangible ideologies is something that humans have had since their beginnings. Christianity, Islam, Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormanism, these are all belief systems based on the faith. None of them are right or wrong, merely different.

The problem with people is that "different" is never accepted. People don't respond well to "different". People who think different are passed off as crazy. KRS-1 got a lot of sense. He just thinks "different".

I keep rereading the original post...What is so crazy about that...He is not admonishing views or styles different then he is, the man is just speaking his mind...The same message he continually expunds upon....Whats the big deal??

Icesolated.Com said:
I keep rereading the original post...What is so crazy about that...He is not admonishing views or styles different then he is, the man is just speaking his mind...The same message he continually expunds upon....Whats the big deal??
Its a big deal to the people on here because alot of people on here are not over 21 and think anything over 21 is old and dont really like hiphop music. There are not many hiphop fans on this site. Just look at how many people bash sampling its sad.

Man, I read that post... I'm old school...

... it's off the wall. He should've explained himself. With that statement left as is... I'm thinkin' starships and rockets...

... I don't care to get "deep" and try to understand his philosophies on Hip Hop... talk to me like a regular person or just stay on your higher level.

... a lot of his stuff has be contradictory too.

He's the man that says STOP THE VIOLENCE but He's got 200 GUNs,200 Clips goin' to New Yawk! New Yawk!

... and names an album Criminal Minded... confused the hell out of me.

... his selection of beats is what killed his career. Then he said Don't buy Nelly... Nelly went multi-platinum.

... that album with "Still Number One" was tight though, Rakim blew him out on that last day of Yo MTV Raps.... you don't rap before Rakim gets on.

biggrome said:
Man, I read that post... I'm old school...

... it's off the wall. He should've explained himself. With that statement left as is... I'm thinkin' starships and rockets...

... I don't care to get "deep" and try to understand his philosophies on Hip Hop... talk to me like a regular person or just stay on your higher level.

... a lot of his stuff has be contradictory too.

He's the man that says STOP THE VIOLENCE but He's got 200 GUNs,200 Clips goin' to New Yawk! New Yawk!

... and names an album Criminal Minded... confused the hell out of me.

... his selection of beats is what killed his career. Then he said Don't buy Nelly... Nelly went multi-platinum.

... that album with "Still Number One" was tight though, Rakim blew him out on that last day of Yo MTV Raps.... you don't rap before Rakim gets on.

LOL yeah he does go off the deep end sometimes and is one of the biggest hipocrits but the lack of respect for hiphop is blatent now. Just look at this forum. Me i'm 99% about the money but at the same time I wont bash any black man thats made a name for himself in this game because its hard EXTREMELY hard to get put on.

Maybe the guy didn't post what he said after that... but if you leave it like it is...

man... that has to be explained.

I went to a KRS-ONE concert one time and he rapped for 2 1/2 hours. He loves his Hip Hop man.

I always wanted him to battle LL for some reason, back when LL was in battle mode. I think they had a sort of weird respect for each other.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually thats probably all he said hahah. My boy has this DVD about the old school new york hiphop scene and they interview KRS-1. He's sitting there with this dazed look and a big smile saying how hiphop is his oxegen and life force. It was hillarious and weird at the same time.

Beat Off said:

Its a big deal to the people on here because alot of people on here are not over 21 and think anything over 21 is old and dont really like hiphop music.

Im not over 21 but I know I aint waitin on no spaceship no time soon.

*Cont. in Kanyes voice..

"Ive been workin this grave shift...."

how would you have a conversation with him without laughing out loud?

i cant decide if his nose makes me want to laugh or cry actually.....

He can still flow...

Can he make a comeback with the right beats?

... Timbaland maybe?

That's the weird thing about Hip Hop, even if you can still rhyme better than 85% of the dudes out. People buy image more than lyrics.

Who thinks the BlastMaster can make a comeback? (Seems rappers have to be "cute" nowadays too...)

Me, personally. If he put out a bangin' song. I'd buy it.

Big Daddy Kane went for the cheap beats too. He was complaining in this interview that dudes tried to charge him 10G's for a beat. So he used some unknowns and paid 'em like 3G's... look where it landed him. He's one of the great all time lyricist too.

Look at LL he went out and got neptunes and timbo to revive his career, he's about KRS-1's age almost If krs got a nose job worked out and cut those dreds got some modern producers he's sell. Maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back