"Kanye's next album is going to be trash" - So Foolish

So Foolish

Yep. After hearing this news, even SO FOOLISH thinks the album is going to be less than average....

According to Sa-Ra, Graduation will be half hip-hop and half electro jazz. The album will be half produced by Sa-Ra (the electro jazz half) and will feature guest spots from Pharrell, Jay-Z, Nas and the G.O.O.D Music crew. Andre 3000 is also rumoured to be a guest artist on the album.

Taz (one third of Sa-Ra) "Kanye has taken this direction because he wants to keep that element of surprise going with his fans. So that they never know what to expect from him" He also added "We are really excited to be given this opportunity by Kanye, to produce for one of the worlds best MC's, but to be given half the album is amazing! It will give us a chance to show the world what we can do."

When asked about Set-ups and Justifications Taz said "The album is almost finished, we are just waiting for our guests to add their verses and then that **** will be out there. The album is looking to fall around November at the moment, and are really excited to get our music out there."

The first single from Set-Ups and Justifications will be "Hollywood" and the video will be shot in September.

http://forums.sohh.com/showthread.php?t=750250

Man, I hope that electro jazz stuff is not true. Hopefully this is just a rumor, cause Kanye need to take it back to his College Dropout type of beats and songs.

He'll never go back to CD, just like Nas will never go back to Illmatic. He goes in a different direction with each album, only this time it sounds as if hes gone in the wrong direction.

That just sucks. Although I admit he probaly wont go back to the College Dropout style. But thats the Kanye i really like and admire. Pretty much that whole year of 2004 with his productions ("Selfish" by Slum Village, "You Know" by White Boy, "Higher" by Do or Die, "This Way" by Dilated Peoples etc.)

Last edited by a moderator:
So Foolish said:
I think you guys arent reading it fully... they use the phrase "electro-jazz"..... ffs.

They could just be talking about the sound of the songs and not making actual Electro Jazz. Sa Ra only uses old analogue stuff so that's the "electro" and maybe the "jazz" is like old Tribe type of stuff?

OR

Maybe hanging out with Pharrell has got to him and he wants to put out a terrible album. The big difference is that a sh*tty album can sink Kanye's career whereas P career is about him producing and not being a solo performer.

The hatred is strong in this thread.

Seriously I can't believe a bunch of so called "Musicians" can sit here being totally belligerent and intolerant of something like this.

Broaden your horizons. Seriously.

VPell said:

Seriously I can't believe a bunch of so called "Musicians" can sit here being totally belligerent and intolerant of something like this.

Thats what i'm sayin...its funny how many cats in the thread about The pack - my vans (i think thats what the songs called) said it was hot. And when they hear some actual music being made they put it down right away. So many of ya'll ride Pharrell and his weird beats but when Kanye trys something new.....he gets shot down right away.

Last edited:
VPell said:

Yeah seriously, rap fans are pretty intolerant. I find it ironic that for a form of music where no musical knowlege is required and stealing other peoples music to make your own is the norm the people in it have no tolerance for anything different. It took alot of tolerance for some musicians to even consider rap music and rap fans in turn are all stuck up about what kind of music can and should be made. It's silly.

it'll be incredible to see how many of the same cats killing Kanye for his new venture now, will be ridin' him when they hear the album...

I personally find Sa Ra's weirdness very contrived but I'm already alittle excited about them working with Kanye. Kanye knows what he's doing, he knew he need some help so he got Jon Brion, now he needs whatever the f*ck Sa Ra brings to the table.

Last edited:
I must admit, I'm not happy about this because I've heard Sa-Ra's stuff. I've like one song produced by them so far. It's cool that they're creative and like trying new things, but I don't think their **** sounds as good as the Neptunes.

I don't know though, I think electro jazz might be interesting (is that what the group 4Hero does?). I'd just like it more if Kanye collaborated with the production. Believe it or not, I look forward to his production more than his rapping skills.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright time to put the kids to sleep... We as people all always trying to reinvent are selves so for you to clown Kanye for trying it. You get in the position to at least bite somebody b4 you to clown. Look at Outkast, they change their formula every album, now they got everybody buying their s***. In case you didnt know Andre 3000 is coming out with a jazz album so I guess thats crap too.

Back