Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Kanye An Overrated Producer?

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    ya, i agree with konkosskang, music is all subjective so... some will like it and some wont, but ya I think he gets too much credit where other artists deserve it definitely. Radio has been controlled by weird people for the past many years.

but then again, video killed the radio star so maybe he's rated so highly because of his videos...who knows.
    Last edited by Epsilon-144; 03-02-2017 at 11:48 PM.
    Soundcloud: Epsilon-144

Thanks
    It's funny cause I remember back in '09 when "808s and heartbreaks" dropped and most rappers were "adopting" Kanye's style and everybody wanted to be Kanye. I like RA's music and I think he's a dope and talented rapper, but he just sounds like a hater right now which doesn't surprise me really because Jedi Mind Tricks and pretty much all Army of the Pharaoh's crew feel the same way especially about Kanye and Hov. I think Kanye has proved much more than he has to, and no one can take that away from him.

Thanks
    He is a great prodcer now and then hands down but as a rapper he is not the same he has taken a few steps back

Thanks
    If Kanye changed his name to overrated Kanye they still be stating that overrated Kanye is overrated.

Thanks
    His producing is great but it's not a guy I'd like to collab with as he's to big for himself imo.

Thanks
    I think that Kanye is really good producer but as a rapper...he can drop some dope verses on one track and super wack on another

Thanks
    I love Kanye as a producer, as a rapper not so much. I really like his gospel flips, even when he does pair them with songs that don't use the sample except for small portions (IDFWU).

Thanks
    No, He Isn't overrated. There is an almost perfect balance actually, some say hes great some say hes thrash.

Thanks
    I think his newer releases shows a great way of thinking making music. Bringing a lot of different people in and let them give the song their touch gives a unique sound and pushes some boundaries of what popular music can be imo.

Thanks
    kanye got his own style going which is definately dope imo and he's produced great tracks, but still as a rapper its give or take for a lot of people

Thread Information