Just Blaze speaks on the Saigon project

Unless your name is TI or P. Diddy, Atlantic Records doesn't care about you.

Howard Stern said:
Why don't these guys put these interviews on video. I from the South, we don't read.

since when is Utah the south?

After reading the whole thing (reluctantly), I'm so glad that my ears are now accustomed to the synth/thin beats because clearing samples seems like such a headache. I have a bad feeling that after all of this, the album will be mediocre.

I'm impressed by how dedicated Just is to this whole project. That man is taking money out of his own pocket now to make sure Saigon gets his album done... I really hope they get as much attention as they deserve from all this hard work.

Utah is where those extremist Mormon are fighting for polygamy and marrying underage girls. Utah was almost denied statehood because back in the 1800's all of them in Utah were into polygamy.

barrysanders20 said:
Utah is where those extremist Mormon are fighting for polygamy and marrying underage girls. Utah was almost denied statehood because back in the 1800's all of them in Utah were into polygamy.

Watch what you say about the 'tah.
I'll fvck you the fvck up!!!
I fvcking represent!!!

Good read, but what I don't understand is how any rapper can possibly make any money when each beat on his album costs one, two, or even three hundred grand.

Last edited:
njm255 said:
Good read, but what I don't understand is how any rapper can possibly make any money when each beat on his album costs one, two, or even three hundred grand.
sell lots of records so your ass can go on tour and make some money

bxdiplomat said:
sell lots of records so your ass can go on tour and make some money

But...these type of rappers don't sell lots of records and perform in big tour venues. Its going to take a lot to make back the money.

touring around the world will always pat the bills and then some, and you don't need those huge tours, you just need to be consistent.

the problem, besides the labels, are the rappers who don't hustle after their signed or after the record drops, then ***** about lack of promo, hatin', support, and radioplay.

not sayin' this is the case with saigon, but way too many rappers get the advance, spend it like it's free money, and then whine when they go lead. some people, no matter how good they and/or their album is, will never sell those big numbers even in the good ole days.

i overstand that my tastes is a niche within a niche, and we don't buy ****, but will ***** about our fav artist sales. it's about time these artist figure that out and find ways to increase their fanbase, instead of gettin' bottle service in a club that won't recognize them in a year or two if they flop.

as far as what just was sayin', i agree, there's a time for everything, and sai shoulda held on for a bit more until the clearance,then blasted away if they kept up their bull****. use them like they use you.

after all this , this **** better be effin great

Last edited:
That was a good read, great post! Sounds like there might be a bit of hostility between Just and Sai...? To me it came accross like Blaze was a bit pissed at Sai....but maybe i misinterperated that....

SP

Well I didnt understand the first paragraph of that post because I didnt know what blog Just was talking about, but I think he was just irritated that Saigon was angering the people trying to help him.. or something like that.

Back