Jazmine Sullivan album is kinda hot

L

LeodPenrose

ANYBODY GOT THE BILLBOARD CHART NUMBERS.

JAZMINE SULLIVAN’S FEARLESS DEBUTS AT NO. 1 ON BILLBOARD’S TOP R&B/HIP-HOP ALBUMS CHART DEBUTS AT NO. 6 ON BILLBOARD’S TOP 200 ALBUMS CHART KICKS OFF THE MAXWELL TOUR THIS WEEK IN BOSTON
Bust Your Windows
Jazmine Sullivan’s critically-acclaimed J Records release, FEARLESS, debuts at No. 1, beating out
Ne-Yo for the top spot on this week’s Billboard Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart. With a total of 65,539 units sold in the first week, FEARLESS debuts at No. 6 on the Billboard Top 200 Albums chart and the Billboard Digital Albums chart.
The chart-topping debut of FEARLESS is further indication that Jazmine’s signature style is long overdue. “It’s been a long time since a debut artist has brought as much drama” cites USA Today’s 3-star review, while People’s 3.5-star Critic’s Choice review declares that FEARLESS is the “African-American answer to Amy Winehouse’s Back to Black.” Elle adds to the critical praise by stating the 21 year old Philly native “swings deep and wide like Sarah Vaughn, tears it up like Mary J., and emanates the lady-preacher seriousness of Lauryn Hill.”
Sparking the high chart entry is Sullivan’s debut single “Need U Bad” which reached the No. 1 position on Billboard’s Mainstream R&B/Hip-Hop, Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs and Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay charts and made her the first female in almost four years - the 8th this decade - to achieve this feat. On Monday, Jazmine’s video for her hit single “Need U Bad” will debut in power rotation on Vh1 Soul and MTV Jams, and most recently held the No. 1 spot on BET’s 106 & Park for 7 consecutive days straight. Showing signs of duplicating the same chart ascent is Sullivan’s new single “Bust Your Windows” which was the No. 3 gainer at Urban radio this week.
Beginning October 8 at Boston’s Opera House, Jazmine will bring FEARLESS to the stage as the opening act on the highly-anticipated Maxwell tour. The tour is scheduled to trek across twenty-eight cities, ending in New York on November 23

Last edited by a moderator:
That's great considering the lack of promotion she received...

Last edited:
WOW im Surprised!

1) She outsold Ne-Yo
2) Ne-Yo sold under 65 K.. WHAT!?

Congrats to her! Maddscientist killed track #2

- Benny

Last edited:
BL3 said:
WOW im Surprised!

1) She outsold Ne-Yo
2) Ne-Yo sold under 65 K.. WHAT!?

Congrats to her! Maddscientist killed track #2

- Benny

I could have sworn Ne-Yo sold 250k first week.

But Yea I like the album. Kind of got boring towards the end honestly.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's how u do it Jaz, she's cool peeps. CAPA grads standup. She has been through a lot, I just miss that chillin around school before a choir concert singing. I think her album is hot, but b/c I know how much more she can do, it was a let down. Where was the jazz Jaz? She can scat and riff her behind off...

it's kewl... she's like a cross between blu cantrell/ laruen hill/ keisha cole

i was surprised that my girl wasn't really feelin her. it's hard to tell what's really good these days because there's so much wackness and the same on the radio...

anything new and different is going to be refreshing...

DON'T sleep on that new Joe - New Man

Iproduce said:
I could have sworn Ne-Yo sold 250k first week.

But Yea I like the album. Kind of got boring towards the end honestly.

Oh maybe i just misinterperated the article... Ne-Yo probably just sold under 65 K for THIS week... Okay that makes sense

Anybody know the real number Ne-Yo sold? (A link would be nice)

- Benny

Back