Idlewild

BJv

play
More beautiful strangeness and crazy melodies by the duo who in my opinion will be one of the few hiphop(music) acts of this time who you will still look back on with fondness 20 years from now.

I wont forget to pick this album up once it comes out, but until then I'll be happily sampling away on the leak.

And that's the worddddddd: Outkast is back

ya i'm gonna listen to it in a bit. from their singles this album is definitly good to sample from and not just for 3 words to use for a hook.

I don't mean sample as in taking sounds from it :p

While we're on the subject tho, I noticed 2 samples already:

Dyin' To Live - Funkadelic's I'll stay

Greatest Show On Earth - George Clinton's Pot Sharing Tots

it does sound like there are potential samples in the songs but that's always good practice like trying to find samples and flip it differently.

I love it. It took me a couple of listens to let everything sink in and now I can't get enough of it. They've done it again.

Outkast >>>> Your parents.

YoungHov said:
I love it. It took me a couple of listens to let everything sink in and now I can't get enough of it. They've done it again.

Outkast >>>> Your parents.

I'm questioning myself that right now. Speakerboxxx took sometime to grow on me, and now I love it. But, with a few quick listens I've had so far, it doesn't have the same magic/appeal as Speakerboxxx.

I'm sure that will change though, we'll see.

I like how its hard for Outkast to stay in one genre. It keeps the music fresh and gives the albums a good "Replay" value.

c-dub said:
I like how its hard for Outkast to stay in one genre. It keeps the music fresh and gives the albums a good "Replay" value.

I totally agree with you. They are always reinventing themselves, experimenting, and trying new things.

I haven't listened to the whole album straight through yet, hopefully tomorrow I can give it a good listen. However, I did give it a quick once over, and just wasn't feelin' it.

I don't know, I'm thinking that this album is going to lead me to disappointment.
:(

It disappointed me too. It didn't really have one theme to it. I thought it was gonna be on some old school blues type of stuff.

And then I hear Morris Brown.

It sounded like a collection of songs from the studio.

Back