How Many Beats Do You Make?

Man I was fixing to respond to that ass comment and you went and made a reasonable post ... now I don't have the desire to respond...

I will say my beats are the finest asses in the stable.... Booo Ya

Kaminota said:
Man I was fixing to respond to that ass comment and you went and made a reasonable post ... now I don't have the desire to respond...

I will say my beats are the finest asses in the stable.... Booo Ya

you said u were a donkey so I cracked a joke. lol... like the stable idea :o

you're right about keeping at it. I say any moment spent honing your craft is productive, so in a way we're saying the same thing. And good you make light of the situation (unemployment) to continue to be productive. :cheers:

trillz said:
you said u were a donkey so I cracked a joke. lol... like the stable idea :o

I was thinkin that too, sorry kaminota LOL. I was like "I think trillz probably raps too.."

Last edited:
vaboi said:
you're right about keeping at it. I say any moment spent honing your craft is productive, so in a way we're saying the same thing. And good you make light of the situation (unemployment) to continue to be productive. :cheers:

I was thinkin that too, sorry kaminota LOL. I was like "I think trillz probably raps too.."

I write poems actually not much so a rapper...Another tip I found really useful for composing new music is to never listen to ur previous created tracks for a bit. It actually dulls the creative process down...atleast for me. lol

Draco - about ten a week
Mears - about five a week

only three or four make it to arranging and mixing sessions.

the stuff we have been working on for the past 6 months is really good, when we post the **** up its gonna blow people away.

That being said, I'll leave you guys with this arrangement. And yes recorded with live orchestra at studio....keys are all me

Trillz - Soundtrack - Track 10.mp3

:cheers:

Last edited:
In a month I have at least 30 beats.

Finished as in tracked out, mixed and fleshed out to a full song I say between 7 and 10.

One of my producer friend put me on to a technique called 5 minute session.

Where you make a beat in 5 minutes (hardware), and whatever you have is what you have. This helps alot with ideas and spontanieus melodys.. Yall should try it.

When "beat block" comes along, I put on my engineer hat.

In a month i use 5-8 days to do absolutly nothing pertaining to music.

vaboi said:
:victory: good stuff. I need to step up my piano game now for sure lol

hehe :) I'm very fortunate to play with/surround myself with talented people. Music can truely take anyones pain away...

Last edited:
I mabye do about 8-10 a month.but lately my homies and I have just been recording freestyles over other beats.

I stopped after coming to the conclusion that everyone around me was trying to F*CK UP MY CAREER.

But I'll be back.

I spend so long on making beats. I wish this wasn't the case, but I'm still learning. I make probably 3-4 beats a month, but I think I put in too many instruments... and right now I have to study for exams so I'm not working too hard on them. But when exams are done.....

5 beats a day.

Is there anyone who's tried the beat maker app on the iphone? I'm trying to think of a way to be more "productive" at work lol

i make probably 10-20 a month. honestly depending on how busy i am. i work on beats everyday, but i work, and have a life outside of music as well.

Folks remember that...its not about quantity at all its only about quality...imagine you show 20 average beatz or 4 beatbombs what is better ? To me a beat may take 2 days or a week...I just concentrate on only one undtil iam totally satisfied !
By the way read the 101 Beatmakin tutorial in the getting started forum...even Big Rome says that ;)

I am down to only making probably 2 every month because of college right now :/. During the summer I crank off a lot

Injay said:
I am down to only making probably 2 every month because of college right now :/. During the summer I crank off a lot

I'm in the same situation although lately I've been able to make 1-3 a week.

Back