The Game - Doctor's Advocate

So Foolish said:
late registration leaked almost 2 weeks before release if i remember correctly, which i do.

stop with the conspiracy theories :rolleyes:

No conspiracy - Just standard Economics 101

Hott Sauce said:
To clarify my comments on "leaking"

Over the past 2 years or so labels have gotta a much tighter grip on album leaks. Major albums appear to leak about 4-7 days before there actual release date, from what i have seen. What i was referencing is that you have an commercially weak album leaked 3 weeks before release (2 added weeks is a lot in the music biz). I mean how MANY times have we seen this over the last year or two? This sounds a little suspect at best to me. Then add that you have; a ton of major albums coming out in this period, a weak album market, southern music dominating most of what movement there is, no marketing gimmick, and a host of other intangibles. Put it like this - if this is not whats going it -IT SHOULD BE.

That's exactly what I was saying. You almost NEVER see a high profile release like this (hip hop releases from Interscope and/or Def Jam, mostly) go to press this early, just because PRESSING plants are where the leaks occur. Most high profile releases leak about 4-7 days BEFORE street date.

That's what I was saying. Either they are setting his album up to fail or succeed. But his album going to press that soon was not an OVERSIGHT...it was done on PURPOSE.

And yes..what exactly did Blaze do on Remedy? Seriously?

And you know...this album. The only problem is that it SUCKS SONICALLY. That's where Dr. Dre really adds value to an album (aside from his tracks). His MIXING is what takes an album from good to GREAT. Dr. Dre didn't do any mixing on this album. So that's why the beats sound cheezy and low budget. Ain't no tellin who Geffen had mix this album.

And to whoever asked the question, Geffen is a child label to Interscope. MJB's on Geffen. So is the Startrak roster. So is Snoop. Jimmy Iovine still has a hand in the affairs at the end of the day.

So Foolish said:
late registration leaked almost 2 weeks before release if i remember correctly, which i do.
almost forgot;

Kanye was an all together diffirent situation.
and it leaked on Aug 19th (from what i see) - album release date was 30th (11 days) and this was a year ago - things have gotten even tighter.

j.troup said:
That's exactly what I was saying. You almost NEVER see a high profile release like this (hip hop releases from Interscope and/or Def Jam, mostly) go to press this early, just because PRESSING plants are where the leaks occur. Most high profile releases leak about 4-7 days BEFORE street date.

That's what I was saying. Either they are setting his album up to fail or succeed. But his album going to press that soon was not an OVERSIGHT...it was done on PURPOSE.

And yes..what exactly did Blaze do on Remedy? Seriously?

And you know...this album. The only problem is that it SUCKS SONICALLY. That's where Dr. Dre really adds value to an album (aside from his tracks). His MIXING is what takes an album from good to GREAT. Dr. Dre didn't do any mixing on this album. So that's why the beats sound cheezy and low budget. Ain't no tellin who Geffen had mix this album.

And to whoever asked the question, Geffen is a child label to Interscope. MJB's on Geffen. So is the Startrak roster. So is Snoop. Jimmy Iovine still has a hand in the affairs at the end of the day.

correcto mondo! (as usual)

Thanks for the geffen information - i never knew that they had a relationship with Interscope. Seems like my memory was remembering them as Rock label. I have noticed that a lot of vanities get issued under it in other genres.

Yes the pressing definitly was not an oversight. But as they say its the basics that kill you.If they DID overlook something this basic yet key to sales in todays market place, they deserve whatever the outcome maybe.

Last edited:
You are definately right about the mixing, even his single "One Blood" seems poorly mixed, also the Kanye tracked I almost passed on when I first heard it because it didnt sound all that at first, I blame it on the mixing, but when I put it on replay I let it stay on replay for awhile..

I personally think it's wack.... or at least not my taste, he's trying to re-make the whole old school west coast, which I guess is okay, but he's trying to sound too much like Dre, and personally, Game is a joke, and I just don't like the album lol

I like the album but somethings missing, maybe dre tracks. I know ya tired of hearing that.

one blood is the only joint i've heard that i don't like...the rest i've heard are sounding real themeatical and nice

I agree about the mixing, but the album is still great. It's more street orientated, with a prominent westcoast feel. And his ****ing voice is still magic. This album shows that he's a major player right now.

I think Dre needs the Game to adress powerful hip-hop to an adult audience. Eminem and 50 are gifted, but they aim a mtv-kid audience. Game is, sonically, on a more mature level. And I ****ing appreciate that.

LOL

Does the mixing of an album really affect the listening experience for you guys ?

Honestly, because if being a 'producer' is really going to hinder the ability to enjoy music for what it is, then why would anyone as a music enthusiast, want any part of that ?

Here's my humble azz opinion...

Lookin at you - Beat is not that bangin' but this could be CD filler that I wouldn't be mad at... it's not a go to joint. The beat is too basic. It sounds like Dre rapping.

Da Shyt - Quirky beat... I like it alot. Not conventional. Nice Rise... Nice Drop... Nice bytches singin'... old school joint for real... drinkin' music. Not super banging by today's standards but good. I can barely hear Game rapping... this is a ride out of the parking lot after the club bangin' type of beat. It'll make other people wonder "What song was that?"

One Blood - Lazy BeatMaking... that trigger ish. Corny. Beat on a pad on beat type of beat... sounds like a CD with scratches trying to finish. Wack as phuck....

Compton - Not feeling this at all, Cube couldn't even pull this off.

Remedy - Gotta Love It but Gotta Hate It at the same time... too fast, no Chuck voice, No Flav HYPE! ... not working... Damn, Just... you losing points with this and that Jay-Z horn riff... Just came through on the joint with Nas... but I haven't heard the original of that yet....

Let's Ride - Scott Storch got the Ride theme right. This is ridin' music, I can see this in any spot on a CD. I wish it was hot and the weather was nice... oh, I don't like those strings .... noo... ok, the beat came back. This is sorta subtly mean...

Too Much - Wack snare... nice drop out... I'll let this one play and finish. Decent things happening now..., not mansion money beats. Nate Dogg is the greatest Hooker ever.... that's mine... Hooker.

Wouldn't Get Far - Screaming Fag all over it. Weird ass out of place scratching... Mama's boy ish... Next!!!

Scream on Em - Swiss Beatz.... vintage Swizz... not groovin' at all. The monotone piano kills this. This could be a good song... Good Rappin' on this one.... This could be a good song... but ... damn, Swizz lost. Fool. He needs a partner.

One Night - Nottz is somebody I should check for. I think he's from VA and we get down JUST LIKE THIS!. Damn... I'd make this beat. THIS IS MY BEAT MF. Phuk Nottz, nigga been listening to me on the web. Ol bitin' ass nigga. This is my beat. Damn, this shyt beats in the whip... Just phuggin' beats!!! Every element is covered. The grit, the nice, the horns, that rugged... if you don't know Hip Hop... now ya knowwww.... hear that singing in the background.... the lady not the dude... EXCELLENT! Wow... I haven't liked a beat this much in a minute...

Doctor's Advocate - AWWWWLLLLL!!!!! I've talked that same ramblin' ass drunken stupor ish... but it didn't sound this good... Like LA DAHH DAHHHH! Damn... I'm a phukkin' fan now... realest ish he ever wrote... reminds me of how Pac would put it down... ......... but this is no Pac but good. Somehow I wish this were an entire Busta joint because Busta is more believeable.... I believe 85% of the ish Busta says... and that's good... Pause... this gets 3 plays in a row... I used to make songs like this before I got all "We Are The World" and shyt,...

Old English - Weak, really shouldn't follow a joint like Doctor's Advocate... Hi Tek lost.

California Vacation - Xzibit laughed too much on Pimp My Ride... all hood cred gone.... I think he's a very good emcee (What U See! Is What U Get Now!!!)... not feeling this one... FF

Bang - I've never understood JellyRoll... I still don't... Why? What is this. Is this new, cutting edge, refreshing? Am I old? Good to hear the DPG's though... Game doesn't fit with these dudes. Snoop, Daz and Kurupt = Fire every time. Game, Daz and Kurupt = This shyt.

Around The World - Jamie Foxx should be a Christian and never cuss. This fool can tell jokes, sing, act, and still ain't big headed... remember when Kanye got his little award with Jamie and Jamie said "3-6 Mafia, I see you baby!" Ha ha. Translation = Kanye, get you an Oscar Bytch this swapmeet jewelry ain't crackin' playa!. This one I'll play when I'm coming from work and going home to relax and watch some UFC... Pretty Boy FLOYD MAYWEATHER vs. Carlos Baldomir this weekend ya batches... Floyd in 10! Who wants to bet?

Why You Hate The Game - I mean.... I mean.... just c'mon... just phuckkin' come the PHUCK ON! This ish is Incredible... This joint actually gave me the same feeling I had when I shook Rakim's hand back in the day. This is a Hip Hop moment... JUST BLAZE (despite his BombSquad Ripoff's)... has become the G.O.A.T. better than Primo, Pete Rock, Rza... all of them ninjaz... but then again... he got to study them... this makes me want to just sit in the parking lot and listen to it in it's entirety before I go into work... phuck it, I'm a few minutes late coming to work .... AND!

Overall, VERY WORTHY of T.I. numbers.

Last edited by a moderator:
MACKone said:
LOL

Does the mixing of an album really affect the listening experience for you guys ?

Honestly, because if being a 'producer' is really going to hinder the ability to enjoy music for what it is, then why would anyone as a music enthusiast, want any part of that ?

YES IT DOES, especially in this case..

xdcbox said:
YES IT DOES, especially in this case..

Well, you speak for a very small percentage of the buying audience. Because, I've never personally heard anyone who wasn't a would be producer complain about the mix of an album, or any other sonic grumbles folks on here tend to complain about.

Nothing personal...maybe I just can't relate because I'm not a producer...but from my personal observation, I'm not even sure if I would want to be, because it seems as if 'the producer' has forgotten how to enjoy music for what it is.

This is dissapointing compared to The Documentary. I think his lyrics overall are a bit improved but i think the songs in general are weak in comparison. I really can't see 8 albums comin from this guy like he says.

I felt there was a lot more passion and pain in his voice in The Documentary, like on 'Start From Scratch', i was feelin him a lot more and really listenin to some of the stories he told. This album gets very repetative very quickly. There are some hot beats but overall i would say the production is a bit dissapointing as well.

I really was expecting this to be a dope album, even with everyone sayin it will be a flop. But i think it is a 'good' album, just didnt meet my expectations lol.

My two cents

SP

MACKone said:
Well, you speak for a very small percentage of the buying audience. Because, I've never personally heard anyone who wasn't a would be producer complain about the mix of an album, or any other sonic grumbles folks on here tend to complain about.

Nothing personal...maybe I just can't relate because I'm not a producer...but from my personal observation, I'm not even sure if I would want to be, because it seems as if 'the producer' has forgotten how to enjoy music for what it is.

PEOPLE NEED TO LEARN HOW TOO TURN THERE PRODUCER EAR OFF SOMETIMES. I THINK THE BEST PRODUCERS KNOW HOW TOO DO THAT.

The Black Album had some shytty mixing, and I damn sure enjoyed that album.

Also I still believe Game could "do it" without 50.

Without Dre is another story.

Last edited:
i don't expect him to sell that well cus diddy was getting major rotation on TOP 40 stations (ppl who listen to those actually buy music) and the top sellers r on those stations so unless he gets a really big single soon i'm doubtful of him getting huge sells unless lots of the rap fans actually buy it.

I listened to the album a majorty of yesturday. And IMO, it's great without Dre, and even better without 50! I also don' t think Dre could've done any better than the other producers on the project.

Back