Explaining The 360 Model and why It Wont Save the Music Business

Can someone give me a bulletpoint rundown on the video? I can't watch at work

The lower the revenue from record sales drop the higher the percentage of touring/show money the label will take until the splits look identical to the traditional record royalty rates. Truly a slave-like situation but most would rather the comfort of the plantation than the uncertainty of freedom, even when the label is making them do nearly everything themselves regardless

Last edited:
Indie>>>Major Label basically!

Signing to a indy label can sometimes be worse than dealing with a major. Having the proper business team around your situation with the adequate expertise and resources (mainly $$$$) and keeping ownership is the key so that IF you decide to do a deal with a indy or major you're stepping to the table as a potential business partner and not just some desperate fool willing to sign their life away in order to have their 'dream come true'.

Everything starts with outstanding music and a unique presentation. If you don't have that (the public will let you know via free outlets like You Tube, etc...) then keep perfecting what you do and how you do it

Last edited:
A 360 deal would be a beautiful thing is the labels actually put the work in.

example: Lady Gaga

Signing to a indy label can sometimes be worse than dealing with a major. Having the proper business team around your situation with the adequate expertise and resources (mainly $$$$) and keeping ownership is the key so that IF you decide to do a deal with a indy or major you're stepping to the table as a potential business partner and not just some desperate fool willing to sign their life away in order to have their 'dream come true'.

Everything starts with outstanding music and a unique presentation. If you don't have that (the public will let you know via free outlets like You Tube, etc...) then keep perfecting what you do and how you do it

Whew...ain't that it.

I'm dealing with clients who have NO CLUE what they are doing. When me, the producer, has to tell an artist to register with a PRO, and their management doesn't even know what it is?!

Sad sad day.

Proper business people around you is essential. That way, you don't get screwed out of your OWNERSHIP.

Back