Dr. Luke is a biter!

3rd of all shut up and 4th of all that wasn't even the song. Although it did play it's role. These 2 songs made a baby.

Here's the main bite:

What?... what happened to embed? FP going backwards.... looks like shit now... and functions like shit.
*Fixed

/back to lurking.

YouTube - t.A.T.u. - All The Things She Said

Last edited:
1st of all Dr. Luke didn't produce this and 2nd of all shut up.

Well his name is attached to the production of the song on wikipedia. You must have bad ears if you can't hear the undeniable similar cadence and sounds between the two beats. This was a ear check exercise. If a dj played both songs back to back together I bet people would say "Did the producer just recycle his beat for Katy Perry?"

Last edited:
3rd of all shut up and 4th of all that wasn't even the song. Although it did play it's role. These 2 songs made a baby.

Here's the main bite:

What?... what happened to embed? FP going backwards.... looks like shit now... and functions like shit.
*Fixed

/back to lurking.

YouTube - t.A.T.u. - All The Things She Said

Wow.... the hook on this track and the hook on ET have the same chord progression!

Good find!

Last edited:
you would be surprised how many new songs are basically copies or inspired by old hits. its easy if song x with chord progression y was a hit in lets say 2001 it will still be a hit in 2011 with some improved drums and a new artist on the vocals

hes not a biter, do u kno how easy it is to make a song that sounds similar to another without noticing it,

hes not a biter, do u kno how easy it is to make a song that sounds similar to another without noticing it,

Exactly. I've made tracks where people just said, "oh I noticed you sampled (some song)" and I've never even heard of the song before, let alone sampled it.

There is never anything new in music. Honestly, everybody is "biting" everybody else. You think that songs these days have chord progressions that HAVEN'T been used for decades by rock bands, pop singers, and rappers? Think again.

There is never anything new in music. Honestly, everybody is "biting" everybody else.

Funny though how its always them soundclick dudes saying this shit.

The truth is if you REALLY wanted to, you could come up with something original. Cats just scared they could lose their soundclick baby money.

This is how the industry works. You sound different, you get fans...thats how every genre works...that's how lil b got all the hype, that's how yelawolf got major buzz, that's how odd future got so much puplicity..that's how tinie tempah got this big.

Every genre works the same...you be that dude that comes up with different (good) sounding shit, you get fans. Period. Stop looking for already existing formulas that supposedly promises buzz...create your own formula instead.

btw. i don't know what people be talking about when they say stupid shit like "there is nothing new, everybody is biting everybody"...i never had someone say to me my music sounds blatantly like musician "XYZ". Honestly its not that hard to not sound like everybody else...just make music that comes from your inner self and the music will do the rest. Don't look at it from a marketable standpoint of view...just make music point blank. If you're good enough, success will come sooner or later. People on this site are caught up in this mentality that you need this shiny website, you need a internet image, you need this and that and blah...the last thing they talk about is the actual content, the music. But the truth is, if your shit is hot...it will find its way to the people. Period. Maybe your shit ain't selling cuz its not good enough...wake the **** up. You took care of your internet appearance, your shiny "professional" looking website and all the other bullshit people on this site made you believe is important...you took care of everything but you didn't make sure your music is ****ing off the chain bananas. Thats your number one fault right there. You think you can get by with half assed sounding B-level shit. Like all you needed is a good looking website logo lol.

Better realize you need to step outside the box big time to get to that next level in this game as it is today. Everything popular is wrong.

exactly because everyone seemingly performs to the lowest still acceptable standards, all you have to do as an artist is to unleash disproportional waves of creativity. Since nothing promises secure success anymore, all considerations to what “works in the marketplace” can be freely dumped and forgotten. The more out there you get, the better. It’s the only way to stand out in a totally dull environment. The advantage is, put cynically, that the old channels are jammed. Whoever tries to break through them following “proven” old ways (which usually means emulating other people’s career paths) is wasting time and energy. We can’t learn much from studying the careers of Carl Craig or Ricardo Villalobos anymore because the conditions that enabled them don’t exist any more. The channels that do work are found elsewhere and are open to those who possess endurance, individuality and substance — the values that are disappearing most rapidly now.

http://www.littlewhiteearbuds.com/f...-in-electronic-music-despite-democratization/

Last edited:
Funny though how its always them soundclick dudes saying this shit.

The truth is if you REALLY wanted to, you could come up with something original. Cats just scared they could lose their soundclick baby money.

This is how the industry works. You sound different, you get fans...thats how every genre works...that's how lil b got all the hype, that's how yelawolf got major buzz, that's how odd future got so much puplicity..that's how tinie tempah got this big.

Every genre works the same...you be that dude that comes up with different (good) sounding shit, you get fans. Period. Stop looking for already existing formulas that supposedly promise buzz...create your own formula instead.

btw. i don't know what people be talking about when they say stupid shit like "there is nothing new, everybody is biting everybody"...i never had someone say to me my music sounds blatantly like musician "XYZ". Honestly its not that hard to not sound like everybody else...just make music that comes from your inner self and the music will do the rest. Don't look at it from a marketable standpoint of view...just make music point blank. If you're good enough, success will come sooner or later. People on this site are caught up in this mentality that you need this shiny website, you need a internet image, you need this and that and blah...the last thing they talk about is the actual content, the music. But the truth is, if your shit is hot...it will find its way to the people. Period. Maybe your shit ain't selling cuz its not good enough...wake the **** up. You took care of your internet appearance, your shiny "professional" looking website and all the other bullshit people on this site made you believe is important...you took care of everything but you didn't make sure your music is ****ing off the chain bananas. Thats your number one fault right there. You think you can get by with half assed sounding B-level shit. Like all you needed is a good looking website logo lol.

Better realize you need to step outside the box big time to get to that next level in this game as it is today. Everything popular is wrong.

exactly because everyone seemingly performs to the lowest still acceptable standards, all you have to do as an artist is to unleash disproportional waves of creativity. Since nothing promises secure success anymore, all considerations to what “works in the marketplace” can be freely dumped and forgotten. The more out there you get, the better. It’s the only way to stand out in a totally dull environment. The advantage is, put cynically, that the old channels are jammed. Whoever tries to break through them following “proven” old ways (which usually means emulating other people’s career paths) is wasting time and energy. We can’t learn much from studying the careers of Carl Craig or Ricardo Villalobos anymore because the conditions that enabled them don’t exist any more. The channels that do work are found elsewhere and are open to those who possess endurance, individuality and substance — the values that are disappearing most rapidly now.

Everything popular is wrong: Making it in electronic music, despite democratization – Little White Earbuds

GOod post!

Back