Do Recording Engineers Get Royalties Off Albums Or Singles?

R

reemondabeats

I was just wondering does a recording engineer get royalties also? let me know if not then why not?

Recording engineer, more than likely not. Mixing engineer, maybe. Will have to be a high profile engineer and have the power to negotiate for it, maybe take a hit on the up front to make more on the back-end.

oh

whats the difference between a recording engineer and a mixing engineer

reemondabeats said:
whats the difference between a recording engineer and a mixing engineer

Recording/tracking engineer: Artist goes into record he must have a recording engineer usually provided by the studio or the artist's own, to run the boards, make sure appropriate level goes to tape, set up mic's, route signals, pro tool's etc. Work with the producer to make sure the best possible performance is captured.

Mixing Engineer: When all the recording is done. The artist has his track sent to a mixing engineer whose sole job it is to mix the record.

Usually tracking engineers aren't mixing engineers cause unfortunately producers like to track and listen at high volumes for long periods, while mixing engineers avoid conditions like that like the plauge.

In the amateur world, the recording engineer usually doubles as the mixing engineer out of necessity, like I am.

Last edited:
Back