The Complete Quincy Jones: My Journey and Passions

JSLmusic

fp's most underated
Check this e-mail I got from QuincyJones.com

The Complete Quincy Jones: My Journey and Passions

Friends~

It is with great pride that I'm writing to tell you about my brand-new coffee table book that's just been released into stores. The book is called The Complete Quincy Jones: My Journey and Passions. It contains hundreds of photos and pieces of memorabilia from my vault--many of which I've never released. It’s really pretty amazing to see your whole life wrapped up in 150 pages.

Everyone reaches a certain point in his/her life where you want to chronicle the experiences that you have had. My journey has taken me all around the world and allowed me to play a role in some seminal moments in the pop culture lexicon. After 75 years, you turn around and realize that you’ve collected all of these items that are reflective of those moments…moments that you shared with the public. This book was a perfect way to give people a chance to see what the back-stories of those moments were.

Also, I’m absolutely a pack rat. I’ve been fortunate to have lived a very full life with beloved friendships. I think as you live your life, you want to hold on to those moments and those memories, so that’s what I did. I have letters and photos from Ray Charles and Frank Sinatra, Leonard Bernstein, Barbra Streisand, Oprah and Spielberg, Alex Haley, Marvin Gaye, Will Smith, just everything. I have tapes that Marlon Brando used to send to me. We all came up the ladder together so the seemingly little things at the time end up being of great value to you. They represent your life and loves. This book gave me an outlet to show the world some of those treasures.

Anyways, I hope you all enjoy the book as much I do. Putting it together has been a total trip for me!

Love,

Q

Last edited:
wtf does this have to do with our lives? do you have the link to the get this?

this aint an advertisement site !! take that sh1t to maury..

dopemcee said:
wtf does this have to do with our lives? do you have the link to the get this?

this aint an advertisement site !! take that sh1t to maury..

Its not an advertisement. He is just letting people know about it, I'm sure there are a couple (maybe one or two) Quincy fans around here... I know he is not a big name, but still.

noblewordz said:
Its not an advertisement. He is just letting people know about it, I'm sure there are a couple (maybe one or two) Quincy fans around here... I know he is not a big name, but still.

Yeah, it sucks, Quincy Jones is sooooo underrated :rolleyes:

he could have been so much bigger. :cry:

LostProfit said:
quincy is dope

but I have already read his biography

how is it, I haven't had the chance to read it yet...

Last edited:
It's impossible for Quincy to be bigger. You are obviously ignorant of the outstanding career that he had. I'm glad you posted this because I'm a huge fan of Quincy, and I would love to be able to learn what he knows about music. Trust me, he was a big deal. Quincy Jones is not underrated. That's like saying Frank Sinatra or Billie Holiday were underrated. I'd recommend everyone to read his autobiography. Its a rags to riches storym but its still amazing. Quincy is old and has nothing to prove. Look him up on wikipedia and name one "producer" today who has half the work he has. From Frank Sinatra, Sara Vauhn, The Brotherd Johnson, Michael Jackson, Roots (tv show)... the list goes on.

noblewordz said:
Its not an advertisement. He is just letting people know about it, I'm sure there are a couple (maybe one or two) Quincy fans around here...I know he is not a big name, but still.

I hope you were being sarcastic. If not, Shame!

Of course I'm not being sarcastic .. He ain't big of a name all he had was that TV show..

Quincy M.E.

quincy6.jpg

Last edited:
Edited: i apologize for your joke going over my head noble. lol carry on

and ^^ * -1 got yall lol

Last edited:
lol

Yo Zell, relax. You should know by now that Noblewordz likes to f*ck with people. He gets pleasure from playing with people.

He was being sarcastic.

But I was laughing at all this.

Ear2thaground said:
It's impossible for Quincy to be bigger. You are obviously ignorant of the outstanding career that he had. I'm glad you posted this because I'm a huge fan of Quincy, and I would love to be able to learn what he knows about music. Trust me, he was a big deal. Quincy Jones is not underrated. That's like saying Frank Sinatra or Billie Holiday were underrated. I'd recommend everyone to read his autobiography. Its a rags to riches storym but its still amazing. Quincy is old and has nothing to prove. Look him up on wikipedia and name one "producer" today who has half the work he has. From Frank Sinatra, Sara Vauhn, The Brotherd Johnson, Michael Jackson, Roots (tv show)... the list goes on.

I was also being sarcastic... Seriously anyone into music should know who the hell Quincy Jones is and his achievements. lol

calmAss said:
lol

Yo Zell, relax. You should know by now that Noblewordz likes to f*ck with people. He gets pleasure from playing with people.

He was being sarcastic.

But I was laughing at all this.

I'm relaxed bruh, but yeah i can see now. And now I know someone named Noblewordz jokes around a lot lol.
:cheers:

Last edited:
Back