which casio did swizz beatz use?

ADL

maybe a very stupid question, but which infamous casio did swizz use? please be serious and answer my question... and which song did he sample from it or was that the korg?

thanks

I dont know if this was a rumor or what but suposedly he used the demo's out of the triton or trinity and something out of a yamaha to create beats for eve. Gotta man and what yall niggas want I think are the tracks he got supposedly sued for.

swizz said his first keyboard was a casio sk1. if you decide to pick it up let me know if ruff ryders anthem was done on that board.

everyone needs an sk-1 :D

i have two.. i used to have 3 but gave one to mano

read all about it here
http://www.vintagesynth.org/casio/sk1.shtml

sk1.jpg

fun fun fun!

oh yeah! line out, mic in, line in and built in microphone..

the sk-5's better....
non-volatile memory.. it remembers :D

i loaded some chopped up amen breaks into mine and was wandering around yesterday.. fun amen rollers...

he he he..

crazyfoo said:
i thought the 'casio' sample was for 'down bottom'... sure sounds like it..

that's what i heard too. but i always thought it was the Triton that had the demo. i remember reading an interview with DJ Clue in XXL back in '99, and the reporter said Clue pressed a button on the Triton and Down Bottom started playing. but it's not like most reporters could tell a Triton from a Casio.

sk-5.jpg

sk-5
saves memory when turned off.
holds four samples (4 small or two "long" samples 1.4 sec x2 max time)
can reverse, loop, and tune samples
four pads for playing samples
four additional pads with built in samples (hi/lo conga, Lion, Laser gun)
490step sequencer
8 PCM presets: piano, vibraphone, dog, surf, trumpet, pipe organ, chorus, flute
10 auto rhythms: rock 1/2, disco 1/2, 16 beat, march, bossa nova, samba, slow rock, waltz
32 mini key
six envelopes

Back