Boycott Florida - you know why

Florida got some hot ******* tho son.

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

wtf is with this filter shit

SMH.
How bout we do that for the whole country?!
Shit is sooo narrow...
Florida is NOT the problem.
good lord.

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

Florida got some hot ******* tho son.

HA!!!!! Truthy.
Tried to rep you, but you dont have a like/share button like everyone else. Never seen that before.

This thread is a few years late. You should've boycotted FLO RIDA years ago.

His music ruined rap music forever.

This thread is a few years late. You should've boycotted FLO RIDA years ago.

His music ruined rap music forever.

First off I had to laugh and appreciate this comment.

2nd of all I have to say that the whole "national conversation about race" thing comes up every year. We have had some serious and not so serious conversations about race on FP over the years as well. The idea of a conversation is good but it will not do anything. The sides are much too divided at this point. All you have to do is look at the comments in past FP conversations, look at any articles comment section from whichever source you choose to get your news from (CNN, Yahoo, fox, MSN...etc). There are some straight up nasty comments.

Now the true way to get a companies attention these days, really is to boycott because as WuTang said "Cash Rules Everything Around Me...cream get the Money". This is why Rick Ross got dropped from Reebok, why Lil Wayne got dropped from Mountain Dew and this is why Paula Deen got dropped by a lot of her sponsors. Do they really care if about the rape line that Ross dropped, lil wayne dropping a line offending Emmit Till's family, or Paula Deen using the N-word or are they separating themselves so that it doesn't affect their bottom line?

As far as the Zimmerman trial...I knew he was going to get off and said so. I then saw this video and pondered why they would prosecute this lady?

Stand Your Ground Law Doesn't Work For This Woman.. Gets 20 Years Just For Firing Warning Shot At Abusive Husband (Rev Al Sharpton Speaks Out)
The woman was attacked by her husband in their house (Castle) and fired a warning shot into a wall...judge denied her stand your ground claim. Oh yeah, if you don't watch the video she is an African-American woman. So for those who are in favor of the "Stand Your Ground" law if it isn't applied equally to all is it right? Now I will state that every case should be looked at individually as all cases should be.

Video: Stand Your Ground Law Doesn't Work For This Woman.. Gets 20 Years Just For Firing Warning Shot At Abusive Husband (Rev Al Sharpton Speaks Out)

By the way, I am not much of a fan of Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson either. I also know this thread could and probably will go left really quick.

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

Looks like Nipsey Hussle is even choosing his words carefully.

Nipsey Hussle Accuses The LAPD Of Using Excessive Force After They Manhandled His Handicapped Brother & Detained Them During Trayvon Martin Rally [Video] - ThisIs50.com

Last edited:
I wont give my opinion on trayvon/zimmerman, but i will say that the alexander case and zimmerman case are completely disparate and it irks me when people use it for emotional motivations/comparisons of injustice. When you leave a "threatening" situation, go grab a gun, then go back to that same situation to let off shots, you are not "standing your ground", you are now the aggressor. That is the law. Not to mention she fired in the direction of her own children smh. Then after court hearings, she returns to his house and assaults him, cmon now, this lady is likely crazy i.e- a woman scorned. I will not argue that our justice system is not flawed and skewed towards incrimination of minorities, but that comparison is bunk.

I wont give my opinion on trayvon/zimmerman, but i will say that the alexander case and zimmerman case are completely disparate and it irks me when people use it for emotional motivations/comparisons of injustice. When you leave a "threatening" situation, go grab a gun, then go back to that same situation to let off shots, you are not "standing your ground", you are now the aggressor. That is the law. Not to mention she fired in the direction of her own children smh. Then after court hearings, she returns to his house and assaults him, cmon now, this lady is likely crazy i.e- a woman scorned. I will not argue that our justice system is not flawed and skewed towards incrimination of minorities, but that comparison is bunk.
I can appreciate the fact that you looked into this further than the video. I did say "Now I will state that every case should be looked at individually as all cases should be.".

Here is an article that pretty much says what you stated.

Marissa Alexander | stand your ground

:cheers:

The bottom line in the whole thing is something I've said before... when people look at you, they assume things.

Trayvon's hoodie is what sent Zimmerman into "these punks" mode. When those jurors saw a young guy in a hoodie and learned that he also smokes = thug. Zimmerman showed up in a suit to do the psychological "I'm a pudgy, harmless, good guy" thing.

If you ever go to court and an officer is involved, he will wear his uniform to court to try to establish his credibility.

I doubt others will join in the Florida boycott that Stevie is doing because people just aren't that deep anymore. If there's money to be made in Florida... artists are going to go there.

If Trayvon had managed to get the gun away from George Zimmerman, the stand your ground law would have not applied.

The bottom line in the whole thing is something I've said before... when people look at you, they assume things.

Trayvon's hoodie is what sent Zimmerman into "these punks" mode. When those jurors saw a young guy in a hoodie and learned that he also smokes = thug. Zimmerman showed up in a suit to do the psychological "I'm a pudgy, harmless, good guy" thing.

If you ever go to court and an officer is involved, he will wear his uniform to court to try to establish his credibility.

I doubt others will join in the Florida boycott that Stevie is doing because people just aren't that deep anymore. If there's money to be made in Florida... artists are going to go there.

If Trayvon had managed to get the gun away from George Zimmerman, the stand your ground law would have not applied.

exactly what Zimmerman saw

Yup, classic shit. Especially the black ladies making up excuses for why the friendly looking, nice white boy would never steal a bike.

Btw, I think the "outrage" percentage would have been slightly lower if the black kid didn't wear a RED shirt (red: blood/alive/aggression) and the white kid didn't wear a BLUE shirt (blue:sky/water/innocence).

This is why you see the women reacting more to the BLUE shirt and men reacting more to the RED shirt.
Of course, the race plays the primary role here, but COLOR of clothe is a nice psychological indicator as well.

I already explained some of the similarities in another thread. I also posted the deposition her husband gave the police. She came back in with the gun, he took a step towards her, she told him not to take a step forward, he did and then she fired. In addition, there is a difference between Stand Your Ground and self defense and a lot of people are confusing the two. Moreover, curtilage and standing should have been extended to the garage so this is a misinterpretation and misapplication of the law.

So no, the comparison is not "bunk" in any shape, form or fashion. As I explained in the other thread, police can use discretion and this wasn't a case of murder so "you shall arrest" was not applicable, so why even arrest her?

ETA: And like I said in another thread, her going to his spot after all of this was a bad move.

Last edited:
http://www.change.org/petitions/the...f-florida-to-uphold-civil-rights-for-everyone

Join the petition.

There needs to be some significant change made.

Boycott the entire state over the decision of 6 people serving jury duty? Really?

Niggas are getting dumber by the day.

Black people disproportionately BENEFIT from SYG in Florida. I bet 99.9% of the people in support of this boycott don't even know what "Stand Your Ground" entails. The Zimmerman case wasn't even a Stand Your Ground case. Let the lying ass media think for you though.

Last edited:
Boycott the entire state over the decision of 6 people serving jury duty? Really?

Black people disproportionately BENEFIT from SYG in Florida. I bet 99.9% of the people in support of this boycott don't even know what "Stand Your Ground" entails. The Zimmerman case wasn't even a Stand Your Ground case. Let the lying ass media think for you though.

Niggas aka coons aka tar-babies aka porch monkeys aka jungle bunnies

-Coach Antonio
My ebay Store

I can't agree with anybody benefiting from this except aggressors.

Back