Am I only one here who thinks that Kanye West's Yeezus is good album?

PekoTheProducer

Shitty Producer
Ok I know there are many threads talking about this album and I saw that nobody likes this album. For me album is good. When I listened for the first time I thought it's a piece of shit. That was my opinion untill I didn't listen to it 10 time. Then I realised that album is good, it has potential. There are some songs that I don't like but I enjoy listening to Bound 2, Blood on the leaves, New Slaves and few other. I think a lot of people listened to album once and they didn't like it as I didn't, but it deserves 2nd chance (or 10th ). Or you think it's not worth listen to something what you didn't like first time? Anyone here likes that album too?

Nope, I think it was an interesting album, I wouldn't call it Hip-Hop but it require a couple of listening to get the feel of what was going on... but once you do you enjoy that joint. Then there are some so-called classic albums that as a Hip-Hop head you're supposed to like that I personally can't stomach.. with the risk of sounding heretic, some Madlib and Dilla joint just sound like sh*t in my ears, like that South Park episode, I can't bring myself to listen to some of their albums, but I dig some other ones.. It's really a matter of personal taste,, but Kanye is OK in my book,, But you know "I AIN'T GOT THE ANSWER!!!"

Kanye is the only artist that is forward thinking, everyone else sticks to what's current. I don't know another rapper that has an innovative sound to bring up in this conversation.

Yeezus was different. Different is not accepted in the Hip-Hop world. Hip-Hop fans split along a line of, everything must be boom-bap, or everything must be hard, trap, radio. The minute you begin to experiment with time signatures, sound stages, and sound textures, you lose the majority of Hip-Hop, or so-called Hip-Hop fans. The album was critically acclaimed by many credible music publications. However, the consumer consensus is the album was inept.

Yeezus is social art and great for discussions.

[EDITED] I just researched the production credits. Wow, there is a lot of star power on Yeezus, although it didn't feel as such.

Last edited:
its the work of a genius so only like minds will see it that way

it sound like some shit u would do in the studio if you was sick of followin the formula all the time, ... normal shit gets boring for some producers.... it does me i hate doin things "right" all the time... its wack

Last edited by a moderator:
To ME it was garbage. I'm a big Kanye fan at that too. You see where he was trying to go with the album. He just mis stepped. Truthfully nobody would even give that album a pass if it wasn't Kanye. F OR DEAF music been sounding like yeezus. FP OLD HEADS will know what i'm talking about

i did not like yeezus, sounds like a marilyn manson record to me (and i'm not a fan of marilyn manson) more industrial type **** with rapping on it and kanyes bars weren't that good.

i'm a kanye supporter btw, i like his attitude and music, only albums of his i don't like are watch the throne and yeezus.

If you have to listen to an album ten times to like it it's not a good album. That's like saying the first time I gave head in a parking lot it taste like shit but after the tenth time I kind of liked it.

I seen on different forums that people think its a really great album and people even say its a classic.

I personally didnt like it at all, im like how can people like that shit. But thats whats so great about music i guess.

I think it was Young Chop who recently said Kanye knew it wasnt his best work. It's Kanye's egotistical and subliminal way of saying him and Jay Z have the industry on lock. He's like "I can take the shittiest of sounds and arrangements and still create a respectable piece of work because I am YEEZUS(Jesus), my only equivalent in this industry is HOVA(Jehovah) and he's a rapper". I remember Kanye telling a critic of the Yeezus album " I have already proved to you that I can give you perfect music"(LOL!!)

Last edited:
If you have to listen to an album ten times to like it it's not a good album. That's like saying the first time I gave head in a parking lot it taste like shit but after the tenth time I kind of liked it.
True, but now I really enjoy to listen it and I'm really happy that I have listened to it ten times because to me it is amazing.

People see this
1_123125_123073_2093532_2109075_041123_vmarygrilledcheese.jpg.CROP.thumbnail-small.jpg

And make it out to be this
jesus-in-toast.jpg

I think it was Young Chop who recently said Kanye knew it wasnt his best work. It's Kanye's egotistical and subliminal way of saying him and Jay Z have the industry on lock. He's like "I can take the shittiest of sounds and arrangements and still create a respectable piece of work because I am YEEZUS(Jesus), my only equivalent in this industry is HOVA(Jehovah) and he's a rapper". I remember Kanye telling a critic of the Yeezus album " I have already proved to you that I can give you perfect music"(LOL!!)
You're twisting his words.
[video]http://www.vladtv.com/video/189021/exclusive-young-chop-kanye-knew-yeezus-wasnt-fan-favorite/[/video]
Young Chop said that Kanye knew it wasn't going to be a fan favorite which implies that Kanye recognized that most people would not appreciate it, which was the whole point.

Last edited:
But don't worry, guys. Kanye learned his lesson and will go back to rapping over shitty predictable trap beats and samples for the next record, LOL

I think it was a good experiment, the problem for people is in defining what hip-hop is - even for Kanye. At what point can you just do whatever comes to mind creatively? The funny part for me is that alot of the record goes back to some of the earliest hip-hop music stylistically, which was experimental as **** compared to today...and by that I'm not saying better or worse, but it was obvious that experimenting was the rule - it was the only way to get ahead of the pack.

In the Golden Era ( 87 - 96 roughly ), experimentation with technique while keeping the form of a song,( ie intro, verse, chorus, verse, chorus , outro ) was the format, and a lot innovative stuff came out of that time. But before that, there was still the Breaks era where shit gets like Game of Thrones, 77' to 86' approx, where rhyme battles raged waaay harder than today...back then it basically ended careers. Yeezus sonically is a relative of this time

I thought the album was dope except black skinhead.Other then that song and if it had more songs it was great

UK rappers are one step ahead of all the Americans. They can rap to any type of beat basically from trap to grime drum n bass.

Back