Love of Music or Love of Money

M&I

Some people just wake up one day and are just like damn...i just feel like making beats so i can get paid. Little do they know its not that easy. If you dont have a passion and a grind for this work then you probably wont have success in it. RNS

One leads to the other.

Eventually all that stuff gets sorted out though cause let me tell you bro if I were in it for the money I would have quit a minute ago :)

That naturally gets sorted out by people giving up or getting into other things.

There's a saying that goes "you can have anything in the world, you just can't have everything in the world" but some folks don't truly understand that, or maybe they get easily bored and/or discouraged.

But faith and love conquer all.

I honestly don't care if I ever make money making beats. I just enjoy making them and improving my skills and shit. It'd be nice to have a lot of people know my name/listen to my beats though, i'll tell you that.

Love of music of course. If I can make others that listen to my music happy as well, that be a dream come true.

passion is a must and money is also very must to make music

Music over money all day. People get wrapped up in the money they stop makin quality music and start rollin out tracks like McDonald's cheezburgers.

I think the love of music is great, and I certainly have that, but I am also a professional composer, but I also understand that when you become a "professional" you have tainted your passion with money. Here's the thing - if you are "hired," i.e. someone has given you money to create music, you sometimes sacrifice creative control over a project.

This is NOT selling out in my opinion. This is a wonderful place where your musical talent is used to interpret someone else's needs rather than create your own vision. I love to do this and I hope my little rant is helpful to someone considering entering into music professionally so they understand that, yea, people aren't always gonna like your stuff, but you can prove your talent by interpreting THEIR vision and bring it to life through your creative medium.

Back