your favorite live rock band

L

logancox

the title explains it all. mine is probably the first band i ever saw live.... the descendents(in 96' i think). and the bad brains kick f*cking @ss too but ive never seen them ive seen some live video things though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fugazi were awesome, Rocket From The Crypt were also amazing, Slayer are always cool but I actually think - and this is not just because I'm Swedish - that Refused were one of the best live bands ever, and were also extremely consistent. I never saw a dodgy gig from them.

I saw deftones at tha garage - there were no barriers so you could go right up to the stage, so that was wicked. I got to say though, for moshing, its got to be One minute silence! Some crazy sht, in the days of the first album that is. I haven't seen them recently, but I remember people behind the bars moshing aswell.

For the actual music, I think it would have to be the slackers, or incubus were quite good at the Astoria

i saw slayer a while back. it was crazy. i saw pantera too, but the crowd wasnt as in to it as they should have been so that made it less of an experience. my guitar teacher saw the ramones at cbgb's a long time ago and said that they were probably the loudest band hes ever heard. that would have been great to see them.

i saw fenix tx at warped not to long ago and thought they werent anything that special... they were good but not GREAT. but all bands sound better at their own shows rather than those big music festival things, so i dont know. another good band live is slapstick (i got a chance to catch their reunion show thing.) one of the stupidest bands to see live is emo summer. i havent seen them play but my friend did... he said they wore back packs up on stage and looked all serious when they played:D . just download some of their songs and youll see. i think you can get them a www.interpunk.com and www.mp3.com

haha - the emo syndrome, backpacks and looking serious. Btw, I heard the new Jimmy Eat World and it f*cking ate pus, as far as I'm concerned. They used to be OK before, but this new sh!t sounded more like MxPx or Blink 182 than that... "good single" off that "old album". "Tiny Freshmint Prick"? Yeah, right, "Lucky Denver Mint".

i never really got into jimmy eat world. there were a couple songs i liked but after hearing their new cd.... ive lost any respect i ever had for them.

I've only seen Fenix TX at small clubs and they rock there.

Jimmy Eat World has gone downhill since 96 when I first saw them.

yeah like i said... most bands are better at their own shows in smaller venues.

I saw Nine Inch Nails in a dress rehearsal for the Fragility Tour. Very cool show and with only 300 people, it made it very intimate. Also, TOOL's show was awesome.
:angel:

I saw redhotchilipeppers in a secret gig the day their latest album came out to half full camden palace in London. That made me cry

i really love MOTORPSYCHO from Norway
I saw them two times (1997 and 2001)
they are amazing !!! Rock at its best ...

Rage live is insane. The moshpit is completely nuts.

Dave Matthews Band, The Roots, and Ben Harper was probably one of the best shows I've ever seen.

Redman and Method Man had the crowd doing whatever they asked...plus I haven't smelled/smoked that much weed in my life.

They Might Be Giants - Really an awesome band to watch play....tons of crazy visual things.

Worst band I ever saw....Bloodhound Gang, at least it was a free concert. It sucked big fat hairy Moose Testicles. What a terrible band.

Yeah I saw Rage live a couple of times. I don't know whether it was a good gig or wether I just really love their tunes, and they were playing well.

I also saw Bloodhound gang, and they sucked to oblivion. Also Cypress Hill was sh!t. Has anyone seen Dillinger Escape Plan live? That would be fking crazy. I think they're touring Europe at the moment

One of the best live shows I ever saw was from a local band here called Dink. Heavy electronic music, random video superimposed over the stage, great lights, and 300 people crammed in a small club, moshing around. Talk about energy. . .

Rusted Root used to play around here in small clubs too- they always had a great show with the smaller crowds. Nothing beats that small club atmosphere, IMO.

Back