T

Tristano

what the ****????
a ROCK forum?
hey I've NEVER been here! LoL
so, is this an interesting forum? :D

yeah join the club man :)

who would spin rock???

i have never tried it, i might get my cousins acdc and black sabbath records, and mix it up with a bit or d and b :) :)

I once heard some guy mix Korn with Laurynn Hill at a private party, and it sucked!! Maybe cuz he couldn't mix, but still, since that day I don't like to hear rock at parties anymore. I never liked to hear it anyway...

Last edited by a moderator:
ahhh the shame, i hate those party djs, there was one at a school gig a while ago, and i asked him to beatmix for me, he was sooooooo ****, galloping all the way through the evening,

dun dun, dun dun, instead of clean beatmixes

they should be called human jukeboxes, not djs

I was at a party this weekend and a guy was CD mixing.. you couldn't even tell he was trying to mix. Ugh, it was bad.. I hate those kinda parties.

As far as mixing rock.. I've heard a DJ that goes by Teenage Warning I think.. he's a hardcore DJ who was spinnin Rancid and Pennywise in some of his ****, its not that great but I like punk so I thought it was kinda nifty. *please don't bash me for using the word nifty;) "

homegrown said:
ahhh the shame, i hate those party djs, there was one at a school gig a while ago, and i asked him to beatmix for me, he was sooooooo ****, galloping all the way through the evening,

dun dun, dun dun, instead of clean beatmixes

they should be called human jukeboxes, not djs
I hear ya

Hehehe, I can't hardly get spinning off my mind though.. its like that something in your head that keeps you awake all night, and your trying to concentrate on work or school, but you can't cuz your thinking about spinning.. Then your trying to have a conversation about something else, but you just want to bring spinning into it ;)

TRUE!!!
allmost all the time I'm thinking of spinning, mixing in tunes, buying vinyl...
mental!

I know a guy who used to spin rock around here, but I think he's in Miami now. One of my mixes that no one else wants to try is the Metallica vs. Britney Spears from Napster. The NIN vs. Spice Girls is even easier though. Both funny and rock. I know what you guys mean about thinking about spinning constantly. I just can't get music out of my mind most of the time. Weather it's what I could do for a set at a party or a good burned mix CD to make a friend, or and idea for my on again, off again band. Music encompasses all I do. Rock on!

I know a guy who used to mix acid techno and Anthrax!!!!!!
He was DJing in some club and he was usually spinning acid techno, but there were some metalheadz who weren't satisfied with techno, so he started to mix in Anthrax and other sped-trash metal stuff.
Crazy mother*****r.

Back