Meshuggah

K

kenworth

went to see them last night,didnt believe they could actually do the things they do,they can.they are simply the best metal band in the world.if you havent heard of them go listen,seriously.

yeh "Chaosphere" is one of the heaviest albums ive heard in a long time, cant wait to see them play live though

oh god,live they are so newsy.one of the tightest live bands i have seen.
get nothing,it sounds like a horrible brilliant machine making music.,the most clinically brutal thing ive ever heard.

yeah i saw pictures of those 8 strings on thier website and they look wierd, really small in the body but a thick neck, they must be pretty wierd to play, its cool to see there are people who love Messugah here, hardly anyone mentions them..

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes..Best band ever!

Destroy Erase Improve = best all around album.
Been listning to them since then!
seen them live 3 times.

"I" is insane.

with exception to the dillinger escape plan's drummer and Flo Mounier, Thomas Haake is the most impossibly talented drummer in metal

I also saw Meshuggah as an opener for Tool back in 10/2002. I'm not really into that kind of music, to begin with. I had downloaded some of their songs before the show, and wasn't to into it.

But when I was at the show, they rock. Like i said, i don't really like that kind of music, but even i was getting into it. It might have helped that I had been smokin' a phatty! lol

anyway, meshuggah was pretty good, live at least. i would never listen to they're album (don't hate!)

Ahh yet more Mesh fans! Always nice to see. I've only found one guy at Uni who likes em. I'd love to see them live though, more for the drumming than anything. I mean Haake is, I think, THE number 1 drummer out there at the moment (in the metal genre).

Favourite album all round...DEI. Heaviest, Chaosphere. Best produced, Nothing. "I" is just craziness. Whenever my neighbours in halls are playing RnB and Hip Hop, I just forward it to the crazy solo section (you all know which bit I mean) and turn my 4ft tall speakers up to max, and go take a shower lol man, it sounds unreal.

Only "observation" is that I'd hope they progress just a little with Catch33. It'd suck if they became so self stylized (is that a word?) that they rejected other angles and possibilites in their music. Bands gotta stay true to themselves, but I think it's important for them to develop as well!

- P

Is it pronounced MESH-ug-gah (which I think sounds better) or me-SHUG-ah?

I think they're as unlistenable as Ashlee Simpson but the name thing always bothered me.

Ashlee Simpson?????!!!! Take that back!!! lol at least they can play live, unlike lil miss funky chicken dance ;)

I think most western people place the emphasis on the last part of the name, so its like MehSHUgah. People from Europe would probably pronounce it like MESHugah.

On the surface, sure it's just noise. But there's alot going on underneath it all, and it's quite rewarding to lock on to it, and find the "groove" in each song. Real head nodding stuff!

scottiedusnknow said:
Destroy Erase Improve? Wasn't that originally a CkY album called Infiltrate Destroy Rebuild? o_O

originally?are you insinuiating that one of the most serious bands in the world copied from a half assed metal band?it is infact the other way around,they are fans of meshuggah.they even copied the graphics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back