best guitar song...

+48

i have to play a song on the guitar for my class recital next week and i can't figure out what i wanna play...it's a music theory class so i can play anything i want...i was thinking maybe even a classical piece, or jimi hendrix's "foxy lady", just something cool....if you have any suggestions it'll be appreciated...

p.s.: don't even think about listing "stairway to heaven"!!!

+48 said:

p.s.: don't even think about listing "stairway to heaven"!!!

Play it backwards. I can. =) (there were drunk people and a dare involved, I won't go into anything more)

Seriously, though, pick a song you like to listen to. Are you looking for something technically challenging? What type of recital will this be? More details would help here...

well i'm not looking for something overly challenging, since i've only been playing guitar for 5 years on and off...it just basically has to be a good song that i can play in its entirty..i was thinking even master of puppets, though it's the equivalent of "stairway" for metalheads, but i can't play the fast solo well enough...
it's a music theory class, and they asked each of the students to do a recital on their instrument of choice...i'm best at the guitar, so that's what i'm doing...

+48 said:
they asked each of the students to do a recital on their instrument of choice...i'm best at the guitar, so that's what i'm doing...

Most of your average rock songs are fairly boring without the vocals and drums at least behind them. You might look into some solo guitar pieces:

Some entertaining solo guitar works:

Broon's Bane (Rush)
La Villa Strangiato (Rush)
Midsummer's Daydream (Triumph)
Mood for a Day (Yes)

EDIT: Switch 625 (google it) is fun, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the responses, guys. i'm gonna look into these songs...

Back